Bourgeois Event [2]

"Audrey and Andrè, on this most solemn day, in celebration of your 20th wedding anniversary, I am delighted to offer this magnificent gift I personally designed, especially for you."

Gabriel spoke through the tablet that Natalie held up for the Bourgeois couple to see her employer.

Audrey looked away from Andrè, still annoyed with the decorations.

The group looked over at Chloe, who was holding a large white box with an embossed, gold G on the front.

She was encouraged forward by the Agreste bodyguard and nodded before moving onto the stage. She waved and greeted the crowd with 'hi', as she walked up. As ever, her better-than-thou attitude firmly in place.

"My dearest Mr and Mrs Bourgeois, I here by present you the Gabriel couple cloak. A symbol of eternal love and bonds of marriage."

They put it on and the mayor smiled at the crowd, while his wife just glared at him and tugged the material closer to herself.

"Ow! You're stepping on my feet!" She complained as he tried to move. He held his hand up placatingly and she turned towards Gabriel, dismissing her husband.

"Thank you Gabriel, it's... it's..." the mayor tried to find the right words, but he couldn't figure out what to say without offending the renowned designer.

"It's hideous on you. Ugh! Utterly hideous! You wearing it is an insult to this piece of art!" Audrey declared as she allowed her arms to flair, caressing her own forehead like a damsel in distress.

The crowd laughed. Their pompous, posh voices filling the room. The mayor simply brushed the insult away. He had grown used to such treatment from his wife, developing a tough skin for it.

Marinette walked out of the lift, looking around for her parents.

She looked forward and to her left, seeing her father waving his arms around to get her attention.

"Over here." He quietly called, so as not to disrupt the partygoers.

She walked towards them, crossing the smooth floor easily as she made her way over.

She looked to her left, seeing all of the guests mingling around the stage where the Bourgeois couple were stood, arguing quietly.

Her attention was captured by a small group of people suiting slightly closer to her. Kagami, Adrien and his bodyguard plus her guard/mother.

She was distracted and stepped on a damp patch in the floor, causing her to fall and drop the boxes.

Adrien and Kagami looked over, both surprised by and concerned for their clumsy friend.

They shared a look and a smile and both stood from their seats.

The Gorilla and Kagami's guard both stopped them immediately. A sword before Kagami and a heavy hand on Adrien's shoulder.

"We're not leaving anywhere. We're just going to help a friend out over at the buffet." Adrien spoke to his guard, gesturing to Marinette while Kagami mirrored his nod to her own guardian.

They both pulled away, Gorilla crossing his arms with a grunt and the woman setting her kendo sword on the ground, both hands folded over the handle.

Adrien and Kagami smiled at each other and ran across to their fallen friend.

They crouched down and Adrien began stacking the boxes that had fallen, back into a neat pile.

"Thanks guys, but I don't want you to miss the ceremony because of me."