6

HI! HERE I BEGIN. ENJOY! I WILL BE UPDATING VERY OFTEN SO AS TO NOT TORTURE YOU. IT'S A KINDA MYSTERY STORY. SO...

His soft sobs. Marinette had heard them the moment she had stepped inside the Hospital Wing.  Gabriel Agreste was sitting on the floor. His head was down, his arms were on the bed and his hands were clutching the fabric tightly.

Haltingly, Marinette traced the white cotton bed sheets with her fingertips.

Adrien had been here. He had slept here. He had died here.

He had died.

Now Adrien was gone too.

She felt a lump on her throat. She wanted more tears to pour out of her so badly but she couldn't cry anymore. She was dry. There were no more tears to be shed.

Nino was the one who told Marinette everything. He had woken her up in her room and sat on her bed. His breaths had been heavy, his voice had cracked, his whole body had trembled.

But she hadn't known it was just an act.

And he had been crying silently the whole time.

And she hadn't even noticed she had been crying with him until she had seen the teardrops on her skirt and she had felt Nino's shaking arms wrap around her.

I love you guys...

She didn't know what to say to Gabriel right now, so she just patted his back and sat with him.

Marinette wanted to comfort him, to tell him everything would be alright, but she wasn't so sure anymore.

So she stayed with Gabriel in silence. For hours and hours, until the sun was down until Gabriel couldn't cry anymore until she was sure Gabriel was already asleep.

Her gaze fell to the vase beside the bed, the roses. They were dry and wilted, but one was... black?

She wouldn't have seen it in another position but since she was on the floor, it was very obvious the black rose. She reached for it with her right hand and then it withered, just like the other roses.

She stood up and rushed to the doors.

Doctor Brown had told them that the cause of his death was his strange reaction to the medicine. It had happened before in some cases, albeit rarely. Still, Marinette doubted her. She had read of some cases of bleeding from wolf blood which was used in most medicines, but to have him bleed like that... what a strange reaction indeed...

"Do you remember the roses?"

"What?" Alya said, his puffy brown eyes looked back at her curiously. Alya and Marinette had got on good terms.

"The roses on the vase beside Adrien's bed," she said slowly, thinking of a better way she could explain this to her.

"No, I wasn't looking." Confusion was written all over her face. She wiped her glasses with the fabric of her clothes. "What is this about?"

"The other day, I was in the hospital wing with Gabriel and, and— " she looked at him seriously. She shut her eyes and composed herself. "Alya, I think Adrien was murdered."

She had been so sure Alya would do something brash and tell her that they should go find the murderer at once. She waited for Alya's reaction.

But a minute had passed and she remained standing there, just staring at her.

"Look, Marinette, I know you're upset about all this. Adrien's death was a huge blow on all of us," Alya's voice was filled with genuine concern for her. She gently held her hand. "Maybe you should go see someone."