Meeting

Jisung walked into school on the first week of his junior year and felt drained of energy.  Nothing had changed.  The same kids sat in the same spots during lunch, the same gossip and the same bullies.  The same squeaky chairs at tables.

Going outside he sighed and glanced around him before stopping when he saw you sitting by the courtyard fountain.  No one ever went there during lunch at this time of year, it hadn't been cleaned yet from summer and was still full of moss and dirt and bugs that most of the students couldn't stand.

He walked over with interest and watched you just sitting by the fountain and watching the water ripple.

He moved to sit next to you by the fountain and you glanced at him.  "You're a bit new but you seem like you're exhausted from this place."  He said and you just looked at him.

He wasn't wrong but you almost felt defensive at being called out for it.  It was your first day at the school, you should be giving it a chance.

"It's okay, I'm tired too."  He said with a simple smile. 

Something seemed to click then and you blinked at him.

"I'm a sophomore.  What year are you?"  You asked and he hummed.

"A junior.  First day?"  He asked casually and you smiled.

"That obvious?"  You chuckled softly and he laughed quietly with you.

"I haven't seen you before and... you didn't walk away when I sat down.  Means you're not from around here."  Jisung said simply and you looked over at him.

You stood up and placed your hands on your hips.  Your upper body hidden with a jumper while a mid thigh skirt sat just below it.

You stared down at him and he glanced up at you with a confused squint, the sun in his eyes.

You took in his faded dyed hair, brown with bits of blue which probably covered the whole head at one point.  His smudged gray eye makeup and liner which made his eyes sharper.  His piercings in his ears, and rings on his skinny fingers.  His dark black skinny jeans which announced his small figure with authority and the white t-shirt tucked into them that said "shut up" making you giggle softly.  Converse in a dirty white on his feet and messily knotted.

You hummed, "I don't see anything about you that screams run away.  Am I missing something?"  You asked and tilted your head to the side with a small smile.

He just looked at you for a minute in slight shock. 

He proceeded to glance at you in your light green jumper and black skirt.  Tan socks sticking out of black converse.  Your hair half down half in a messy bun and face rosy with blush he didn't know if it was makeup or natural.

"I guess you're the first to think that."  He clicked his tongue and you chuckled.

"You're not exactly making this easy.  Hi my name is (YN) and what is your name?"  You asked while extending your hand to him.

He raised an eyebrow before chuckling.  "Pardon me I'm a bit out of practice.  Han Jisung, it's nice to meet you."  He chuckled and took your hand to shake.

That was the day you met your best friend.