chpt 13: the gym

[third person pov]

The cold air brushed into Minju's face as she awoke from her deep sleep. Its was 6am on a monday morning, she got up and quickly took a shower. She obviously had school later that morning, sighing from reality. Minju quickly went out of her room to get breakfast after she had changed into her school uniform.

Her brother had already left for work. Minju's eyes lay on the kitchen counter where she found a plate of waffles and a cup of hot chocolate. Slowly approaching the dish, she saw a note. "heres your favourite, theres ice cream in the fridge. Enjoy it :)" Minju smiled, grateful for her brother's action. She opened the fridge to find a tub of Haagen-Dazs caramel biscuit and cream. Her heart tingled as she saw her favourite flavour right before her eyes, it was usually sold out, so she was really happy she finally got to taste it again.

Taking out the ice cream, she got out an ice cream scooper to place it onto her plate kf waffles. Her mouth already drooling from the smell of the caramel biscuit hitting her nose. She closed the lid to the tub of ice cream and chucked it back into the refrigerator. Setting herself down onto the seat, she savoured every single bite of her meal.

Minju finally got her last bite of waffles and ice cream.

Letting out a little disappointment from the last bite, she placed her plate into the sink and strudded back into her room. Minju snatched her phone from her bed and saw the time.

"crap" She winced at the time.

Minju wore her shoes, took her phone and school bag and raced to the bus stop across her apartment building.

"i took way too long eating breakfast" panting as she walked to the bus stop that was just a few metres away.

She saw her bus turning into the bus stop and immediately ran for it. She safely got on the bus. However still panting, Minju found herself a seat at the rear of the bus. She let the air conditioner cool her down as she took out her airpods to listen to music. She spaced out and recalled what she did the last weekend.

Saturday was a hectic day, many things happened, especially the time she told Sunwoo she'd forget him. She then spent the whole sunday locked up in her room debating on what she would do. Letting out a tear here and there as she did so.

Having school meant she'd have to encounter Sunwoo either way, so she'd just instinctly prepared herself to ignore him. Ignore him until she was ready with an answer. Gaining back her senses, she recognised the area and alighted the bus. She reached school.

Taking a deep breath before walking towards the school gate. Increasing the volume of the music steadily, she walked into school cooly. Suddenly, she heard mutterings from every angle of the school. Those mutterungs became louder and louder as she walked through the corridor and into her classroom. Minju's anxiety raising higher and higher, she realised what was going on.

Not long after she saw her 2 best friends enter the classroom. Letting out a sigh of relief, she watched as the two of them took a seat infront of her.

"what's going on Minju?" chaeryeong questioned

"yeah dude youre the talk of the town" yena backing her up

"we fought. well we broke up" Minju replied

"WHAT?" Yena and Chaeryeong exclaimed in unison.

The class of heads turned around to look at the triplets at the back.

"sorry, sorry, nothing here hehe" Yena said in embarrassment.

"but why???" Chaeryeong whispered

"i dont know... and he didnt like me anyways"

Chaeryeong and Yena looked at each other. Than turned to Minju, both faces looking concerned.

"hey are you okay?" Chaeryeong asked looking deep into Minju's eyes

"i dont know" Minju sighed as she placed her head on the table and covered her face.

"i dont even know what to do, i spent the whole weekends crying" Minju's voiced cracked trying to hold back her tears.

Yena and Chaeryeong sighed

"its okay ju, we're here for you" Yena spoke as she patted her head to comfort her.

The school bell rang and the first period teacher came in.

"settle down now class"

Minju lifted her head as she heard her teacher's voice. Starting the monday morning in a gloom, she took out her maths textbook and listened in class.

~skip to last period~

"im starving" Chaeryeong's stomach grumbled.

"me too, especially when PE's the last period" Yena agreed.

"yall are starving bc yall didnt eat breakfast. AND WE SPENT THE WHOLE OF RECESS HELPING MR KANG OUT WITH SORTING THE LIBRARY" Minju rolled her eyes.

"why did i agree to help that man" Chaeryeong rubbed

"and you broughy us down with you, you idiot" Minju said as she facepalmed.

"YALL WANNA EAT AND HANGOUT TODAY?" Yena asked excitedly.

Minju and Chearyeong looked at each other.

"DUH OF COURSE???" Chaeryeong answered and Minju nodded excitedly.

Feeling a little off, Minju searched through her pocket for her wallet to check if she had money. But to no avail, she tilted her head. Questioning herself where it might be.

"i think i left my wallet in the gym, wait for me at the school gate" Minju said as she ran for the gym.

Minju slid open the door, carefully entering the empty building. she searched for her wallet recklessly. After a good 10 minutes, she still couldnt find it.

"oh no" Minju said disappointed.

She took a deep sigh and sat against the wall, knees across her chest for her chin to rest on. She rested for awhile, then she got on her feet to search the area yet again

"this isnt working" Minju sighed

About to give up, Minju suddenly heard footsteps coming from the locker room. Scared to bits, she stood rooted to the ground. Chill shivered down her spine. Was it one of her crazy stalkers? Someone playing a prank? or a cleaner? Minju couldnt think straight, her hands trembled in fear.

Minju closed her eyes, and not long after. she felt a presence before her.

"looking for this?" the figure questioned.

A voice of a male asked her. Stretching out his hand to pass her the wallet. Minju slowly opened her eyes to reveal Mr kang. Minju sighed in relief, thanking god it wasnt one of the absolute lunatics trying their luck to catch her heart.

"yes mr kang thank you" Minju reached out to grab her wallet.

"then i'll get going" Minju said hurriedly as she bowed to him.

"yeah no problem, hurry along now" he smiled.

"She's probably going to eat with her friends" Mr kang stated

"i know"

"Sunwoo arent you gonna do anything?" he questioned

"i will" Sunwoo adjusted his bag that was hanging off his shoulder.

"i'll go now" Sunwoo said picking up his pace to leave the gymnasium

mr kang shook his head and laughed, "they're growing"

a/n: this chapter was irrelevantly long FML