cinq

as cliche as it might sound, hansol's nerves were wrecking him as he stood upon the humungous driveway of the boo mansion. though he usually was well known for his nerves of steel, even dialing the phone number of miss boo's personal butler just to open up the gates was almost too much to bare. let alone leaving his car on their personal outside parking lot and walking up to the grande entrance.

once he noticed a bunch of maids hurrying themselves to the large doors, sneakily throwing glances at him through the windows, hansol managed to get a hold of himself. despite the fact that his friends knew him for his carefree personality, hansol himself was aware that he was quite an over thinker. the smallest things would occupy his mind for days, sometimes even weeks in a row. 

however, as it was simply his job, hansol knew he couldn't do anything else than to step inside and get to work in order to keep his position as the boo's secretary. regardless of seungkwan's possible behavior against him. 

especially at this time of the day, now it was about seven in the evening since he had been at school untill the late afternoon, hansol wondered what the boo's son was doing right now. in his room, perhaps? wandering through the endless hallways of the gigantic mansion, or still attending dinner maybe. 

hansol wouldn't have a clue. and he wondered if he even wanted to know what the boy was up to at all. thus, to focus on where he was going to, he preferred to remain clueless. 

"may i ask, what is such handsome young guy doing all by himself here at this hour?" a girl whom hansol assumed from just about a year or two older than himself, had opened the door for him. 

she wore a full outfit hansol had seen many other cleaning employees wear the day before, consisting of a black top with a plain black skirt that reached her knees, matched with high socks and a small white apron. by the way she leaned up against the door, hansol could tell she was trying beyond hard to seduce him. 

"handsome young guy, oh please." hansol waved her assumption away, realizing that he now only wore a simple black sweater with baggy jeans. now he was already hired, he figured he could radiate some more casualty. he doubted he would have much visitors in his office. and beside that, by the time he would be finished with all his tasks, it would most likely be too late for anyone beside some servants at most to see him. 

"oh don't be so modest about yourself." the girl spoke as she let hansol inside, who instantly wandered through the large entrance hall, directly heading up the wide staircase to get himself to the first floor, where his office was. "i wonder why the boss' son told me that exact thing yesterday too."

hansol took an abrupt stop halfway on the stairs, staring down on the girl a few steps below him with disbelieve in his eyes. surprise was painted all over his face, even the maid could tell that her words had left him dumbfounded. 

"he said what?" 

hansol completely ignored her attempts on getting to know him through flirtatious comments, wanting to know why seungkwan would say such thing about him after his spiteful words. the maid, however, was clearly not having it. which was understandable, after hansol had rejected her like that by asking about the son in question. 

"you must be making things up, i don't believe he would say such thing." hansol declared, wanting to turn around again so he could leave the subject unspoken. 

"i'm not making things up." her tone dropped at least a few octaves lower when the girl noticed hansol was far out of her reach, walking a few steps higher to get at the same level as the brand new secretary. "he came to me last night and i saw something was going on. so i asked him about it and he said that it had something to do with the handsome new secretary. later this morning he came to apologize that i shouldn't get the wrong idea. he blamed it on his tiredness or something."

hansol's eyes had at least grown twice the size, hearing the maid say those things about seungkwan. he simply couldn't imagine that he would be able to say such kind words. let alone to say them about him, choi hansol, the handsome new secretary. 

"but it's not like i care anyways." she clicked her tongue in annoyance, suspiciously gazing around her in the hallway where they now wandered through. "please don't tell the boss, but i've never even liked seungkwan a single bit. he is nothing but a selfish arrogant conceited little brat in my opinion."

even hansol had to admit, all those words being used were unnecessary. though he could understand where her annoyance came from. thinking back of the night before, where seungkwan had said quite rude things to him, hansol had felt the same sense of anger she was visibly feeling towards him. 

"it's not in my position to tell anyone." hansol said, knowing that he was great at keeping secrets from whoever felt the need to share them with him. "and besides, it's only my second day on the job. it wouldn't be of any good if i start off with betraying other employees."

"i'm glad so." she said, her smile faintly returning once they stood in front of the door to hansol's office. 

"i guess i should get to work." hansol said, wanting to get rid of her as fast as possible.

"well, i'll see you around then i guess." she said, giving hansol his easy escape. though once he pulled down the door handle, she tugged on the back of his sweater. "before you go, please don't get involved in some sort of friendship with the boss' son."

"isn't that up for me to decide?" hansol had no idea why he suddenly felt the need to reply with defiance, seeing he preferably kept his nose from seungkwan's business as well. 

"technically it is. i'm just saying that hanging out with him wouldn't be of any good. take it as a warning, i guess."