vingt-sept

beep beep beep. 

a monotone high pitched beeping noise echoed against the high ceiling of hansol's temporary bedroom in the mansion, meaning he did not forget to set an alarm the night before. luck was on his side, seeing he now had more than enough time to have breakfast in whatever way he felt like having it, to pick an outfit and to spend at least a minute more on shaping his dirty blonde hair. 

or perhaps even to give the boy who shared a bed with him a little more attention this early at morning. 

however, once hansol rolled over to be greeted with the glorious sight of seungkwan's endearing puffed cheeks and his hair that would most likely reach the tip of his nose as it would be entirely flattened out this early at morning, he noticed that the other bedside was empty. merely the light of a late september sun accompanied him this early at morning. no trace of the boy who fell asleep in his arms was to be found. 

and hansol would be lying if he said that it didn't slightly ruin his already gloomy tuesday morning. with the prospect of several tests that lay ahead of him that day at school, having classes till late and no time to pay a visit to seungcheol's cafe since quite a pile of paperwork still awaited him in his office, hansol certainly could have used some cuddles this early at morning.

heck, why even did he think of such thing? while he was still deep in denial about his own feelings, finding it hard to figure them out let alone to explain them, it only made the whole situation more difficult and confusing. yet still the idea of having seungkwan curled up against his body, finding shelter within the warmth of his arms, seemed more alluring than he would have thought when they first met. 

staying in bed, thinking about what might have been, seemed even worse to start off his day. that's why hansol decided to get out and to get dressed properly. in his speed he almost missed the bright yellow sticky-note that stuck on the surface of his bedside table, having a little message of encouragement scribbled on it. 

"i figured i might as well leave early, 

incase the maids clean your room this early too. 

see you tonight?"

hansol could barely even suppress the wide gummy smile that appeared on his face while reading the little note over and over, making sure he wasn't still asleep. seungkwan certainly was making a way into his mind. even with little things like this, which began to appear as a characteristic thing to this boy, who secretly had the greatest passion of writing roman novels and loved playing in character to create his own little hide out. 

he would be truly lying if he said he wasn't fascinated by how seungkwan started opening up his true self, behind the character he played, to him. 

it took no longer than forty five minutes for hansol to arrive at school. still not wanting to bother the boo's employees, he picked up a large cup of coffee and a chicken sandwich as breakfast on the go. a friendly looking young lady behind the counter had shoved him a napkin with her number written on the back, yet somehow hansol found no interest in adding it to his phone. so once he found the first trash can, he got rid of the piece of paper and accelerated his car, probably leaving the poor girl forever wondering why he hadn't send her a message. 

as he made his way through the corridor of school, ten minutes early, his eyes landed on mingyu and junhui who waved him over to their lockers. "hansol! you're early, that's unlike you!" mingyu gently bumped him in his shoulder, laughing about his early arrival. 

"i don't think i've ever seen you this early too, what's gotten into you?" junhui laughed, acting as if it was a miracle. "oh, let me guess! your new job is having a good impact on your life and for once you're starting to have a healthy routine. okay okay, and you're also starting to have a healthy sleeping schedule, am i right?" 

"i can't promise you too much about my sleeping schedule, barely anything has changed and i can still stare at the stars from my window in the mansion for hours." hansol chuckled, liking the fact that his friends knew him so well. "and what exactly is a routine?" he added in a rather sarcastic tone. 

before both mingyu and junhui even had the chance to make a comment, too busy bursting out in laughter, the oldest couple of the group joined them in their conversation. "well look at you being all happy, hansol! i bet the sex was amazing last night-" before jeonghan even had the chance to say more seungcheol was quick to cup a hand over his mouth. 

"what he is trying to say; i bet you had a great night rest last night." seungcheol corrected his boyfriend with a friendly, harmless smile. and while mingyu and junhui could hardly still breath at this point, hansol could do nothing more but appreciate the habitual behavior of his friends. 

"i did, seungcheol. thank you for asking." hansol chuckled, focussing on jeonghan next. "and no, we did not have sex."

"yet." jeonghan added with a mischievous smirk. "so then, what is it that has you shining like this on a tuesday morning. you can't tell me you're excited for math with mister jeong the first two hours. does he still have sweat dripping down his unkempt mustache? i remember when he taught us last year he had and it was disgusting."

"oh man, please don't even start about it." hansol's lip curled up in an equally as troublesome grin. "or when he leans over your paperwork for too long and it starts dripping down and stains your paper-"

"-enough! enough! i don't want to hear another word about his dirty old mustache." chan interrupted the conversation, joining in on the group of students who were both one and two grades above him. "just tell him what you're excited about before he goes too far into detail, please." chan gestured for jeonghan, who immaturely stuck out his tongue. 

so without saying a word more, hansol reached for the yellow sticky note he put in his wallet, showing it to the group. "this, if that's what you mean." 

he decided to leave the night before unspoken, figuring his friends would understand it from the message written down for him. yet with the burning passion sparkling in all of their eyes, hansol started understanding his feelings a little more bit by bit.

if he didn't understand the meaning behind the small tingle down his tummy already.