quinze

the wind was quite fierce as the two boys were taking a long stroll alongside shore, staring over the serene surface of the water, that got rougher the heavier the wind got. though sun was rising higher up the horizon with every second that went by, it was rather chilly; the exact temperature you would expect from a typical autumn morning in the middle of september. 

however, with their chins hidden in the collar of their coats and their hands buried deep down in their pockets, it was reasonable enough to keep on walking. not only that, they both agreed that it would be a total waste to let a beautiful morning like this go by without paying a short visit to the still empty beach. 

small waves came crashing down upon the beach, soaking the the sand for just a moment as the wind blew it dry again, making it a quest of a repetitive circle. it was a breathtaking sight, how the orange sun and its pink sky reflected in the sea, that served like a mirror, creating an even more dreamlike landscape that surrounded them. 

and seungkwan was at a loss of words, seeing the true beauty of nature with his bare eye. 

"wow." he breathed out after they had been walking in complete silence for about ten minutes. a grin tugged onto hansol's lips as he slowly turned his head to seungkwan.

"is it really  that  special, yeah?" hansol asked. "i would say it's just a beach, but man. today seems more special than a regular morning." 

seungkwan nodded, still not sparing hansol a single side-glance as he was too occupied with staring at everything around him. from the dunes with its tall dune grass to the untroubled water of the sea. "i don't think i have ever visited a beach in my life before. besides staring at it from afar when i'm in the back seat of my butler's vehicle, behind blinded windows of course."

"man, that must suck." hansol breathed out, placing his hands behind his head and raising his elbows, enjoying the wind that played with his blondish hair. he couldn't imagine a life that contained so many strict rules and orders. perhaps that's what majorly caused seungkwan's behavior. his lack of youth had to be taking a toll of him at this point, seeing he was eighteen years old and had barely been able to act like a child since he was able to walk. 

all he sought was freedom. 

it was for the first time he started feeling sparks of that certain feeling, standing upon a small beach that spread out for just a couple of miles. the pinkish sky and the sound of waves crashing upon shore brought peace to his brain and sorted out his thoughts, making it all a little less rowdy inside his troubled mind. 

"it does.. suck." seungkwan tried to get at hansol's level, matching the words he used in some way. "jesus christ, i wish i could come here more often. standing here is so much better than simply googling pictures of the sea." 

a dramatic sigh escaped his lips as he took a sudden pause, turning completely to the sea to get even more lost in its shimmering surface. "i hate to admit it, but it was a good idea of yours to pay a visit here." 

hansol couldn't restrain a grin from creeping up to his face as he stood right beside seungkwan, averting his gaze from the sea to the slightly smaller boy. even when seungkwan was older than him with just a small couple of months, hansol felt responsible to teach seungkwan more about the fun things in life. even if it had to take at least a century for him to tear down his walls the smallest bit, hansol seemed determined to get to that point eventually. 

even if it meant secretly sneaking out behind miss boo's back and probably a whole lot of discussions between him and the arrogant boo's son, hansol couldn't help but to get excited at the thought of it. 

"perhaps we should do this more often then." hansol answered, deciding to not initiate an argument for once. not even when he had the perfect opportunity to. the thought didn't even pop up in his mind, which surprised him in some way. 

"after we go clubbing!" seungkwan instantly shot back to his defensive tone, retrieving his calmth when his gaze landed upon hansol, who was still staring at the sea right ahead of them. "but yes.. i think we should do that." 

another silence dawned upon them, one where hansol found peace but also one that stressed seungkwan out, scared their conversation died down already. which certainly wasn't his intention. not this time. "say, has anyone ever told you you're quite a calm person?" 

hansol nodded. "i get that more often." he answered, making direct eye contact with seungkwan the moment he averted his attention to the boy beside him again. "is it something that bothers you?" 

"not really." it wasn't time for seungkwan yet to explain the strange sense of comfort that was slowly piling up in his body. however, steps had to be made, and even seungkwan was aware of that. even when he hadn't sorted out his feelings just yet, it couldn't be helped that there indeed were certain feelings playing up. "i like it when you don't say anything." 

"should i take that as an offense?" hansol chuckled, forcing his face into an exaggerated shocked expression. 

"no no no!" seungkwan waved his hands to convince hansol that that was not the case. "i meant that i like silence too when i am with you!" 

they both had no clue about the meaning behind boo seungkwan's words. however, somehow they started to understand that they were soon to find out.