Six Years Later

" Senor, she's arriving today. " Pablo stated. Salazar smiled, " Perfecto. As I expected. " He stated. " Now, what do you plan on doing sir? " Pablo questioned." Like I said mayordomo, you'll see. " Salazar stated. " Senor! " one of Salazar's guards yelped, bursting through the doors. Salazar sighed and looked at the young man. " Yes guardia? " He questioned, not completely satisfied with the young man's outburst. " she's here. " the guard stated.

Salazar stood out on his black brick staircase in front of his large mansion. He smiled as he watched Ruby's carriage pull up on the Rocky road. Two guards ran to assist the young lady. They opened the carriage door and Ruby stepped out.
Salazar's heart began to race, he straightened his already perfect posture, his hands becoming sweaty.

Ruby walked along the neat rubble road, her fan covering her face and her black cap with roses and a thin black cloth hanging down from the tips of the elegant cap. She tried her best to impress Salazar, worried about his actions he will have towards her.

" Mi amor, it is a fine evening for your arrival, you have grown into a fine woman. " Salazar greeted with a small smile. Ruby folded up her fan, " gracias por tenerme. " she stated, her rich elegant accent flowing beautifully. Salazar caught his breath, a small noise escaped his mouth as he did so. His cheeks were dusted with a thin layer of blush. " es un honor. " he whispered, offering her his arm with a small bow. Ruby nodded slowly and wrapped her hands softly around his arm.

(261 words)