[19] Real Life

Tom walked into the room expecting to see Delaney with Beau and Avangeline but just saw Jeremy, Sebastian, and Destiny. "Hey Tom." She greatest happily holding the baby close to her chest with Jeremy sitting beside her on the bed.

"How ya feeling, Dez?"

"Oh I'm feeling as good as I can be. You wanna meet your nephew, Donnie?"

"Is he technically still my nephew?"

"Tom, you'll always be a brother to me. These are your nieces and nephew. Come meet him." Tom walked to the side of the bed and where Jeremy was and handed him the small baby.

"Wow." He breathed out holding the small child. He hasn't held a baby boy since Delaney had Beau so far back. He noticed he had the same nose as Destiny and Delaney but had Jeremy's eyes. "He's so handsome. He must get his looks from Destiny."

"Well of course, look at me." She gloated. Tom had always gotten along with Destiny because of how welcoming and nice she was. "How are you doing?"

"I'm fine. Bethany and I are leaving for a vacation to go see my family in the UK tomorrow."

"You're fine though? That's it? Just fine?"

"You're not going to stop until I tell you otherwise are you?"

"Oh of course not, that's why I'm a bitch. Now talk. I just did thirteen hours of labor."

Tom chuckled and took and looked down admiring Donnie. He wished he could've had the feeling Jeremy was of one more baby but he wouldn't have that with Bethany she doesn't want kids. "As much as I really like Bethany, it's really hard to see Delaney with somebody else."

"I know it is and it should be. Jesus Tom you guys were meant to be together and I still have hope. Because I hate Sam."

"Sam seems like a great guy. Why do you hate him?"

"Because he didn't let Delaney come here to see her nephew with Sebastian here. And he knew you were coming so that just started a whole thing. He's a jackass."

Tom couldn't believe what he was hearing. Delaney was never one to let someone tell her what she can and can't do, she's always been very independent in her choices and held her ground. He was surprised by the news. "That can't be right. Maybe he just wanted to go with her."

Destiny let out a sarcastic laugh and crossed her arms. "Yeah fucking right. Mom doesn't even like him but she won't tell Delaney that. It's whatever though not my control, I'm just the older sister who doesn't know what she's talking about."

"It's just odd. I mean, she went through shit like this Frederick before she got pregnant with Avangeline and now she's going through the controlling thing again. As far as we know he's not beating her but it's heading that direction." Jeremy said. Though Destiny and Jeremy didn't get together until she was 25, he was a family friend for many years and has been there for Delaney through everything. "I can't be kicking anymore ass that's not animated, I've got three kids now."

Tom looked at Sebastian and noticed he was quiet about the whole situation. He usually speaks up about Delaney because they're best friends so Tom knew something was wrong. Destiny noticed Tom looking worriedly at Sebastian and she spoke up. "Seb?"

"Delaney just texted me saying I can't come over tonight."

"What?!"

"She said Sam doesn't think it's a good idea if me and Mackie come over tonight because they've got press in the morning."

"Ummm but Delaney's tradition before press is to hangout with you guys and me. That calms her nerves."

Tom sat as his blood boiled hearing what this guy was doing to delaney's circle. He couldn't do anything though, he was just an estranged husband and barely a friend. "I should get going, my flight leaves early in the morning. Text me if you want or need anything when I get back."

"I'll tell you right now. Bring me another one of this stupid hats like the one from friends. And buy me a shirt and a blanket. Stuff I would usually buy when we'd go visit your family. And if I don't get that stuff I will stop talking to you for a week."

"You're greedy." Jeremy said and took the baby from Tom.

"I'm not greedy, I'm deserving. I just pushed a baby out of my vagina. I deserve some UK souvenirs!"