Chapter 40

Toms POV

Muffled. Everything is muffled. I open my eyes and see 2 people- both with hygiene masks covering the bottom half of their faces. Panic takes over my body, and I feel blood rushing to my head.

“Stop.” I say, although I’m not sure if anybody heard me- I can’t even hear myself. They continue to hurry around me, and I feel a sharp pain in my lower arm.

“Stop!” I say, mustering the strength the sit up. They both move away, smiling slightly- concerned.

“Are you dizzy or anything, tom? Is everything normal?”

I close my eyes and adjust for a moment. I hear the cry of a baby, the screech of wheels against a plastic floor, the beep of manchines. My head hurts, and my heart is racing. I’m cold all over, and everything is spinning.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” I say, giving them the most convincing smile possible. I withdraw from asking the question that is lying on the tip of my tongue. I don’t want to know.

The female passes me a glass of water, and my hand shakes as I drink it.

“We had to administer you a weak sedative Tom, at first we thought you were having a ceasure but it was a panic attack- a very bad panic attack. You stopped breathing, which sent your body into shock. Do you normally suffer from these?”

I shake my head.

“We’ll check you out in a bit, I have another call to go to. You’ll be okay?”

“I’ll be fine, thankyou.” I ball my hands into fists- don’t ask, knowing will make everything worse. Don’t.

“Is Katy ok? Do you know??” I shout after her. My nails dig into my skin.

She continues to walk, not hearing me.

Zoes POV

I wipe my eyes and turn the corner out of Katy’s room. I see the Hollands- all lined up, Tom asleep. I smile at them and tuck my notepad into my belt.

“I’ve just been in to see Katy. It’s amazing what they can do, you know? It’s not over.” I say. Harry gives me a smile, and shakes Tom awake. He lifts his head slowly, and then opens his eyes.

“can we go see her?” Harry asks.

“2 at a time. Come on.” I say, smiling as Tom stands up quickly- before sitting back down. I’ve seen people on sedatives before- he wont be fully awake yet.

Harry jumps up and follows us, helping tom up.

“What about us?” say Sam and Paddy in unison.

“After us.” Says Tom blunty, slightly limping after me.

*Toms POV*

Pipes. More pipes than human. Her top is pulled back, revealing a bandage wrapped around her chest hiding the wound and she is breathing through a pipe. A steady beep runs through the room. Her heartbeat, although weak, is still there. Right now, it’s the best sound in the entire world.

I heave a shaky breath and walk towards her, sitting in the chair and taking one of her limp hands. Harry does the same on her opposite side.

A lump rises in my throat, but I gulp. I have cried enough. I need to be strong.

Harry is the first to speak. “Can she hear?”

Zoe nods, wiping her eyes and busying around tidying paper work in the corner of the room.

“ok.” He says, nodding. Reassuring himself more than anyone else.

“ok.” He repeats. “This is weird.” He says, looking to me.

He breathes out again.

“Do you remember when we went camping? You probably wont… but, I do, and it’s one of my happiest memories. When you decided we should try and climb that mountain and everyone gave up because it was thundering and hailing and at the top it was icy and cold? Everyone else went back down and me and you kept going… and we sat there drinking hot choclate and telling stories… well something you said when we got to the top has always stuck with me, and it always motivates me when I need it. You said ‘Winners never quit and quitters never win.’ At that moment, you said it as a joke. But right now, I want you to listen to that advice. ‘Winners never quit and quitters never win.’  You got that? Are you hearing this? Because you can’t afford to be a quitter right now Katy, this isn’t just anything… this is your life..” He sniffs, and drops his head, wiping his eyes. He takes in a deep breath before continuing.

 “Everybody wants you to get through this Katy, You are not going to lose this… you hear me? You are going to fight this and we are going to do everything we can to get you back to one piece. I love you Katy… I do. You are the sister I never had and I do, I love you.”

I look up at him, and he is gripping her hand so tight that it must be hurting her. Then I look at my hand, and see that I’m doing the same.

 “ I can’t spend one more minute thinking that you aren’t going to pull through this, so you are going to be fine. If you didn’t just listen to anything else, please listen to me now. You have to do everything you can. You have to stay, because I can’t even fathom a life without you, okay? Because if you don’t, I wont ever forgive you. I wont, because quitting on me will be the worst thing anyone has ever done to me. But listen Katy, Quitting on yourself is even worse.  Please, win this one for me.. for everyone.'

Tears fall cheek, and I shut my eyes tight- my head screaming. This is so unfair, everything is so unfair.

Harry nods, and wipes his eyes, sobbing and placing his head on her bed. “Please.”

I see zoe leave out of the corner of my eye, and hear her crying.

*Katys POV*

I imagine us sat on top of the mountain, hot chocolate in hand. For the first time I remember. I even remember his face. I know the name, and I feel assured. I want to keep going.

I want to so badly, but I don’t know how.

(A/N) YO GEORGEY RETURNS!!! LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK <3 LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!