prologue

"My brother would be much more of a fit for you at this moment, Alvis and I know that you trust my words so do as my father says." 

Alvissmal Bannarasee had been by the God of Thunder's side since Odin deemed him to be fit,, which was quite a young age to have taken on one of the son's hectic life's, though at that age he knew Thor would be the best brother to stay at their side even through moments that were questionable. He was the trusted son of Odin. It helped that Loki for most of the time Alvissmal was active was either arrested, 'dead' or hiding and scheming his next feeble revolt that would be stopped before he could say 'I am Loki'. 

"I hear you Thor, I do. But I grew up in fear of being his advisor, you have the power to restrain him, I do not. Even if I were to unsheafe my sword, he would have already slit my throat M'Lord." Alvissmal was adamant on staying as Thor's advisor, he was accepted here and they both understood one another. The bond had grown and Odin wanted to simple break it with an idiotic push to act as a child minder to Loki. Alvis wasn't going to have the same role he came to adore at Thor's side, he'd simple keep watch on Loki at arms reach then report back to Odin. All his strengths and powers that he had solidified and grew at the other brother's side would be obsolete . 

"A gruesome image there Alvis, yet I promise if that does happen I will be the first to seek revenge in your name."

"The fact you have not pleaded it won't happen has assured me even more to go against your father's words."

"Even I hate to see you leave my side Alvis, but I trust you by my brother's side. You serve well and on the 9 Realms where you got your attitude from-

"Your father can annoy me."

"There see, you have no fear even if they have the power to behead you Alvis. You shall always be my right hand man but right now someone else seeks your aid and that so happens to be my snake of a brother. I can't risk having you with the Avengers on Midgard. Trust my father's choice." 

"I am doing this for you M'Lord, if I lose my life be aware, my ghost is violent."

Thor was proud of the bravery being shown by the short yet powerful boy that stood hunched over under his hands. His arm placed lightly, guiding the nervous Alvis towards the voice of Odin and Loki that echoed behind the golden doors that had intricate details worshipping Asgard. The said doors opened slowly much against Alvis's hopes they'd swing open and knock him out dark in the process. 

"Father."

"Son. Alvissmal my boy, pleasant to see you here you again. I hope you thought much about my proposition." Alvis simply bowed towards the the impressive figure that was the God and Protector of the 9 realms. Not daring to make eye contact as if it would reveal his not so nice thoughts towards this Loki situation.

"Loki, you will not leave." Loki wasn't looking to leave, but rather preying on the only non authorities figure in the expansive room. Before Alvis could unsheafe his sword, his neck was yanked back, the force making him think it would break before he hit the body that held him hostage.

"Alvissmal, shame that you are still weak, glad to know my brother is not powerful enough to make good soldiers. I always believed you were a burden, why not kill you and run, two birds with one strike of my dagger." No one in the room dared to go towards the two, even as Loki took slow and deadly steps with Alvis, no one stepped up, fear they'd lose the precious life of Alvis. None had a clue that Loki planned to slit his throat no matter. 

"I pray you, this is not necessary.  For old time sakes M'Lord, release me." Alvis not only didn't dare to face Loki who was close to his ear with threats, but he was also terrified that Loki would kill him faster if their eyes met. 

"Your knowledge of words will not help you escape now." Loki spoke to the rest of the room at last, his arm tightening on the tense Alvis, "I will bid myself farewell, if you try to find me in the next minutes little Thor's advisor dies with his blood on your hands, and I know you all favour him since he's Thor's property." Loki was prepared to leave but Alvis could already sense the guard who snuck in during Loki's long speech. Alvis may be in a predicament of life and death, but he didn't want to be the cause of his new master's painful return to Asgard.

"M'Lord, behind you." 

"Traitor." With that Loki's body went limp and Alvis caught him before he went head first into the ground and do more damage.

"I hope this does not affect your judgement on my proposal."

"It is not I to be worried about your majesty."

☾☽☾☽☾☽☾☽☾☽

just two bros with some old times together 0 feet apart because they are not gay.