Hunger for life (Tododeku)

Todoroki POV
Deku was my closest friend. Just like me he dreamed of being a hero. One day he disappeared. I finally went to his house to see what happened to him. I found his mom who said that there was an accident and Deku didn't make it. All I could think about was the smiling boy who dreamed of being a hero. Out of all of the things I've experienced this hurt the most. My only friend was gone.

One night while I was alone in my room I saw the shadow of a figure in my room. Thinking it was my father I whipped around ready for a fight. The person I saw was a boy. A boy with the same smiling face and dreams of being a hero. I didn't know what to say and stood there frozen. Without thinking I went to hug him but fell through him.

He smiled sadly and explained what had happened and that he was a ghost now and I was the only one that could see him because of our connection. I guess in a way you could say I got my friend back but I also hadn't.

No POV
That was 5 years ago and since then Deku and Todoroki had stuck together throughout school for Todoroki. walked into his dorm after a long day of school. He leans back on his bed eyeing the homework on his desk. His eyes catch a movement in the corner of his eye. He stands up and looks around but sees nothing. As he's sitting back down he sees a paper fall off his desk. "I know you're there." He looks around the empty room before cracking a rare smile. He sees the familiar green haired boy appear in the chair by his desk.

Todoroki frowned when he noticed his friend looking upset. "Hey what's wrong?" Deku looked angry and sad and stood up violently. "Everything is wrong." Todoroki frowned, "What do you mean?" Deku seemed unusually upset compared to his usual happy personality.

"An easier question would be what is right. I hate everything and my life. I can't even call it a life! I can't do anything. I can't eat, I can't talk to anybody but you, I can't feel anything, not even a hug." He gets up and walks over to Todoroki to give him a hug but of course he just goes through him.

Deku sits back on the floor and looks down. "I don't want to be here Todo, why am I trapped here, what did I do to deserve this." He looks up with tears falling down his face. "There aren't any other ghosts here so why am I trapped, they must've gone somewhere. I don't want to die Todo. I just want to live. I want to live and be happy with you and be the hero I dreamed of. I don't know how much longer I can stay sane. It's the same every day and nothing will ever change. I have to watch you living the life I wanted."

Todoroki sits useless and unable to help, "Some people want to die but I just want to live." Todoroki gets on his knees and kneels in front of his friend. "Hold out your hand." Deku looks up and holds out his hand. Todoroki hovers his hand over Deku's. "Focus on the feeling of my hand and being solid." Deku takes a deep breath and focuses.

Suddenly Todoroki feels a pressure on his hand. "I did it..." Todoroki nods and holds Dekus hand. "I don't know why you're like this or why you're here but everything has a purpose and so do you. I'll be right here beside you no matter what."

(626 words)