Chapter 1

"Hey."

"You're late." Jennie feigned annoyance and immediately wiped the smile off her face as she watched her best friend take the opposite seat from her.

In true Jennie fashion, the blonde rolled her eyes; a mannerism Lisa adopted over the years of hanging out with her.

"I didn't want to wait long. You said you were going to be late."

"Yeah, I know. Sorry about that. And to make it up to you, here's your coffee, my lady." Jennie said with a slight bow of her head in faux courtesy, and pushing the pre-ordered cup of Lisa's usual café Americano towards the blonde.

"Thanks, sweetheart." Lisa giggled.

"Anything for you, babe."

Jennie winked at her best friend with a grin. She made no effort when Lisa stole of bite of her cheesecake.

"You know, I can always get you your own slice." The brunette remarked with an arched eyebrow.

"But I want yours."

"Why?"

"Because it tastes better." Lisa shrugged nonchalantly.

Jennie stared at the blonde in amusement. She silently sipped her coffee while Lisa enjoyed the rest of her cheesecake.

"Did you cut your hair?"

"Hmm?"

"Your hair, it's different today. Did you do something with it?"

"Uhm, no. It's the same as yesterday."

"Really?"

"Yeah. What happened to you? Why were you running late?" Lisa asked curiously.

"Mina's starting to get clingy. She wanted to stay for breakfast..."

Jennie was too busy droning about one of her casual hook-ups to notice how Lisa's face fell as she realized what her best friend had been doing the previous night, she backed out of their supposed movie night.

"... and I had to force her to leave."

"You didn't hurt her, did you?" Avoiding Jennie's eyes, Lisa lifted the cup to her lips, testing the temperature. Satisfied with the warmth, she took a sip.

"By force, I don't mean physically. She asked for a relationship."

The blonde who was in the middle of drinking gasped in surprise, spluttering a bit of coffee on the table and onto her lap. Fortunately, she was wearing dark jeans, making the stain invisible to the naked eye.

Jennie was fast to her side, wiping the blonde's lap with tissues.

"Oh honey, you've captured my reaction perfectly." Jennie snickered.

"Shut up, Nini." Lisa choked out.

"You okay?"

"I'm fine." Lisa pulled more tissues from the dispenser to wipe the slight mess she made on the table.

Despite the dismissive tone, Jennie stayed by the blonde's side.

"She said we'd been hooking up for months and she wants more. Can you believe that?"

"Can't blame a girl for wanting more." Lisa mumbled.

"I know, right? I'm so hot, who wouldn't want more?" Jennie joked, earning her a playful shove from the girl next to her.

"Totally not what I meant, but feel free to gloat. I know how much you need your daily dose of ego boost."

"Whatever, but she knows the rules. Casual sex, non-exclusive, no strings attached. I can't just pull myself off the market for her and deprived the rest of Seoul women of this." Jennie smugly pointed to her body.