Chapter 3

"Did she just say feelings?" Joy turned to Rose with a raised eyebrow.

"Oh my god." Yeri's jaw dropped in an exaggerated gasp.

"Is the world about to end?" Wendy stared wide-eyed at Jennie.

The current subject of their conversation, the mighty player Jennie Kim, was totally oblivious to the weird looks her friends were giving her. They were gathered at Rose's for their regular Friday night out with the rest of the girls. While the brunette was present, the others immediately took notice of how different she'd been acting.

Jennie had planted herself on Rose's couch, sitting quietly still since she'd arrived. She barely paid attention to the conversation going around her and did not even touch her glass of wine. It was only when Sana mentioned Lisa's come back, which would be in the next two days that Jennie's ears perked up. And that's when her confession started spilling from her mouth.

"I've had a crush on her for ages." Jennie continued word-vomiting her feelings for the absent blonde.

"No shit, Sherlock." Rose rolled her eyes.

"Lisa's so pretty, and sweet, and perfect and..."

"Something's wrong with her." Sana looked on worriedly at her friend.

"I just didn't act on it because I don't want to lose her. I can't live without her. If I fuck up everything with her, she'd leave me and then life would have no meaning."

"I think she's got the flu." Wendy concluded. Her hand that reached out to feel Jennie's forehead just got swatted away. "Hey, ouch!" Wendy hissed, nursing the painful sting on the back of her hand.

"Does she have a fever or something?" Yeri asked, not attempting to do what Wendy just did.

"She's fine." Rose huffed, crossing her arms and looking bored. "She just has to grow some lady balls and tell Lisa how she feels."

"But I can't!" Jennie whined.

"Oh wow. I never thought I'd see the day when Jennie Kim starts acting like a pussy." Joy stared amused at the brunette who was looking so small sitting on the couch.

"I'm not a pussy." She threw a glare at Joy's direction, trying to make a point. "What if she doesn't feel the same and I lose her? I can't handle that. I'd be a dead man walking."

"Or woman, if you're going to be technical." Wendy said.

Jennie sighed.

"Something's off when I'm not with her. Like, there's a void. I tried dating, you know."

"She's delirious too." Yeri observed.

"But there's nobody like her. Maybe there's more to life than sleeping around." Jennie said, ignoring the comments coming from her friends.

"We should call 911." Sana turned her attention to Rose who just smirked.

"I will!" Rose all too gladly picked up her iPhone from the coffee table and was about to punch in the last number when it got snatched from her hand.

"Guys, come on, I'm serious!" Jennie exclaimed in frustration.

There was an exchange of looks among the girls, realization dawning on them. Soft Jennie was a rare sight, but this was a whole new level of soft and it was all because of Lisa.

"Being away from Lisa drives me insane. No one's ever made me feel this way before. I can't even smile when she's not here. She's like sunshine, you know. She makes everything brighter in my life. She's always been there and now, it's..." Jennie trailed off, her mind wandering to Busan, wondering what her bestfriend was doing now.