Confusion

Vee Vivis

*SLAP

The sound of slapping echoed throughout that small area near the washroom drowning a little the noise around us, as time suddenly stops for those who were looking at the scene. A pretty girl had slapped a handsome boy. And everyone's heads turned on them.

I watch the girl infront of me panting heavily as she glared at the boy in front of her who looked petrified to what just happened. He holds his left cheek that was previously targetted by the girl, looking so stunned. He then diverted his gaze avoiding her's as he starts to massage that area of his cheek where the girl's palm landed. Damn, that must be burning right now.

"You are that Mark Masa my boyfriend flirted with! You relationship wrecker! Slut!" The girl shouted at the boy's face making him to look more shocked and confused.

The whole club almost stopped to watch the scene as the girl's shouting was loud enough to compete with the music. All eyes were on us. Yes, me included. To what extent am I involved in this chaos? Why am I even here?

Well, I'm only the cousin of this drunk and angry little lady whose name is Seera. I'm supposed to take care of her tonight and prevent her from causing trouble because she's undergoing some heart break but insisted to go out drinking to forget her pain.

Earlier this evening when I was helping dad in his shop, my cousin came  all sad and crying over her cheating boyfriend. The two have been together for almost two years and I never once heard from Seera that she was fighting with him. They have been lovey dovey all over the social media. Our parents always have something to say about them. Mostly to complain how teenagers love this, teenagers too reckless with love like that, etc.

Who would have thought that pink-ticked relationship will end just like that? They said some good things never last. But I'll make sure my relationship with my special person, Ploy would break those stereotypes.

Oh me and Ploy aren't dating yet. Though I have expressed my feelings for her last year, she hasn't given me her clear answer yet. I am crazy in love with Ploy because she is the most beautiful girl I have ever laid my eyes to. I couldn't imagine myself liking somebody else. My last relationship ended before I met Ploy and I never flirted with anyone other than her since then.

I can somehow tell that Ploy likes me too. But she's a typical conservative girl and believes courting is still important for a man to prove his love to a woman. A little too old fashioned but I'm not complaining.

I sighed thinking of Ploy and realized this is not the time to think about her seeing Seera is about to hit another blow to the boy in front of her who slightly cowers seeing my cousin advanced at him. I grabbed her elbow to keep him away from the boy.

Seera insisted to go with me drinking with my friends after crying for almost 2 hours at home, her eyes are all fluffy. She wanted to drown herself with alcohol in order to forget her cheating boyfriend and their break up. I introduced her to my friends and she had been drinking too merrily since then. Who would have thought the reason for her sorrows would be in this club too?

"Seera calm down. You are drunk and uhmm.. we are making quite a scene." I told my cousin holding her left arm preventing her from hitting the boy named Mark again. People were clearly staring. They were whispering while throwing malicious look at us and I can't help to worry about my reputation as the previous University Moon of my faculty. Damn it!