Ch. 3

Being new in the drama industry both Jingyu and Weizhou thought that the days would have been more hectic by rehearsing and studying the script 24/7. But contrary to their belief they were surprised to see that they had more free time, like that day and that was because even though memorizing the lines was really important, getting them used to the environment and making them comfortable first was essential. So that free morning Jingyu asked chai jidan to meet an old friend that lived in Beijing, receiving her approval while Weizhou decided instead to start a project related to the drama. The idea came up the night before. After reading the novel as well as the script, one scene was stuck in his mind. At the end Bai luo Yin decided to give to Guhai a handmade scarf. Between them the relationship had already developed into something more than just friendship and that gift was a silent proof of love and caring towards guhai. So since he got the skill to knit thanks to his grandma he thought 'why not knitting myself the scarf? I can consider it as a method to immerse myself more into the role of bly'

He started to count the days that would take him to finish the scarf.

'Uhm I think that if I constantly work on it everyday I can finish in around 2 weeks'

He thought . So after he got the approval and also the money to buy the necessary material from chai jidan he started his project.

When Jingyu returned back to the dormitory he found him like this, in the common room knitting something with a red ball of yarn near his feet and smoking his usual brand of cigarette.

What are you doing?

Asked Jingyu surprised but revealing a hint of curiosity in his eyes

Making art

Art?

Jingyu said confused as he approached him and sit on the chair beside him

Yeah art. It will be too difficult for you to understand it.

Teased weizhou trying to not show the mischievous grin that tugged a corner of his lips

And you use yarn to make art?

What you don't know? Art can be created with any instrument.

Jingyu's eyes focused on weizhou's fingers skillfully handling the knitting needles without realizing he have been quiet for a few minutes 

I didn't know you were able to knit. Where did you learn it?

From my grandma

Oh

He only said.

Soo...What are you doing?

He inquired again trying to guess the reason why now of all times he had to start knitting

I'm making a scarf

Why are you making a scarf?

Asked Jingyu, a confused look on his face. Weizhou turned around in disbelief letting out an exasperated breath

Didn't you read the novel? Go and read the novel!

Oh is that for me?

Weizhou rolled his eyes, he couldn't believe how clueless Jingyu was

Yeah it's for you!

After a short squabble the sound of a ringtone filled the room making them reach their phone to check the source.

It's mine

Said Jingyu as he reached his phone in the jacket's pocket to check the name that made his lips curve in a soft smile. He gestured to the door and went outside while he answered the call.

After what looked like half an hour Jy returned to the room.

Was that your girlfriend?

Asked zz to Jy. He got to know about Jy's girlfriend the very first day they met. Zz saw him being busy chatting and continuously looking at his phone that he guessed that the person of much attention could only be his lover. Indeed Jy was the first to bring up about his relationship. He wanted to make it clear that even if he was acting in this type of drama, it will never happen for him to be batting on the other side of the team.

Zz recalled that day

Does she know that you're doing a bl drama?

More or less. I just told her that I got the opportunity to act in a small filming project. you? girlfriend?

Actually when he got the opportunity to act the first person that he wanted to tell was his girlfriend but after listening about what kind of genre it was he became unsure if he should really tell her or not. At the end he decided to tell her and hide that small detail that he thought wouldn't make any difference. 'I mean acting is acting, why that should be important?' He thought.

Zz: Me? I had a girlfriend in the past but we broke up. Just a few months ago.

Jy: Still hurt?

Jy asked carefully

Zz: No, no. Like I said it's in the past. We just didn't click, that's it.

And it was true. They both knew that trying to keep their relationship alive wouldn't have worked out but only hurt them. The decision to end it was consensual so even if they were sad to part ways, none of them were angry at each other.

Jy: Don't worry. You will find someone. Love come in unexpected ways so I'm sure that an handsome kid like you will find someone that will truly love you

Zz snorted

'who is the kid?' He thought then he rebutted

Ok old man

He never expected for Jy to cheer him up. It surprised him a bit but still it warmed his heart.