02 | warrior

song: here i am again by yerin baek

war·ri·or: a brave or experienced soldier or fighter.

trigger warning: this contains themes that some may find disturbing.

the sensitive content includes sexual assault, death, and murder.

They knew this moment was coming. They predicted this day would come sooner than later. They prepared for it as much as they could.

But, their efforts were in vain. Alec and Cassandra were now both kneeling on their ground, their hands tied behind their backs, their ankles tied together. Men surrounded them with weapons pointed at the two of them; they were led by the one person standing in front of them, looking down at them as if he was the one with power in this scenario.

Ace. Though he was Alec's cousin and part of the same gang by blood, they lived completely different lives. Ace's father was the leader given his fierce personality; Alec's father, second-in-command, however, was more strategic. Their different values, both kept internally and portrayed externally, transferred to their sons. Ace sought for power; Alec sought for peace.

"You made my father love me more, Alec," Ace shouted. "My father fucking idolized you, which was why he gave you this more important task."

Alec looked at Cassandra, who he addressed as Cass. He knew Cass was thinking it was her fault, and he shook his head to tell her to stop thinking like that without speaking aloud.

"YOU FUCKING FELL IN LOVE WITH HER," Ace shouted. "For fuck's sake!"

"You knew I wasn't made for this gang culture," Alec commented. "You knew it from day one. Yes, I was fast; yes, I was strong; yes, I had accuracy. But, my mind was built differently—you already knew!"

"A man of humanity, a man with morals," Ace sneered. "Must be so fucking nice."

Ace was walking closer to Cassandra. He gripped her chin and made her look at him in the eyes. "What's so good about you?"

"Don't touch her," Alec warned Ace.

"You can't stop me, you little tied up bitch."

Alec stared at Ace who was looking at Cass's face, specifically her lips. Alec attempted to shift closer to Cass, to protect her, but the men guarding him pushed Alec in the opposite direction. And it wasn't hard given he was tied up. He was helpless.

"What's so good about you? Did Alec finally want to learn how to be rebellious, so he fell in love with the enemy's daughter?"

"It's not something you would even understand," Cass responded.

Alec knew she was strong, but he didn't know she was this strong. Cass's composure, her aura at this given moment, reassured him. She always reminded him that she could take care of herself and that if anything were to happen, she could stand up for herself. She was the daughter of her father; she was just as strong as him—a warrior.

Ace pressed his lips on Cass. He wanted to infuriate his cousin, to make him feel his pain he had grown so accustomed to.

"Fucking kiss me back or I'll kill you right now," Ace whispered to Cass.

Cass knew Ace's intentions. In her peripheral vision, she saw Alec attempting to stop Ace; she heard his screams, his attempts to stop Ace from taking advantage of her.