【 ONE 】

"ᴄᴀᴘᴛᴀɪɴ?"

"Yes, sir?"

"Tell them we wish to board at once."

Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan, hooded, stood at the entrance to the cockpit of the ship, looking past the pilots to the huge blockade that was currently surrounding the vast planet I recognized as my old home. I stood just behind them, holding a hologram in my palm of my hand, having just got done conversing with my master back on Coruscant. Kera had decided against going with us, and was staying behind to organize training simulations for me to take when I returned. I was here alone with just Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan, which was a little nerve wracking to me, as I'd never worked with another apprentice older than me before. Especially one quite as confusing as Obi-Wan.

He was an amazing student, yes, and I could tell he was going to become a very powerful Jedi. However, he never seemed to stop asking questions. My entire flight had been plagued with his inquiries, about myself, Naboo, my sister the queen... anything I could possibly think of, he'd asked it. It was really starting to get rather tiresome, and it was almost a relief that we were about to enter what could be a dangerous situation to negotiate with the Trade Federation.

I turned my attention off of the two Jedi and toward the pilot, who was currently trying to create a connection between the Trade Federation ships and ours. She pressed a couple of buttons, and the screen above flickered to life, displaying an image of the Viceroy of the Trade Federation in real time.

"With all due respect, the ambassadors to the Supreme Chancellor wish to board immediately," the pilot relayed.

"Yes, of course," the viceroy rasped in reply. "As you know, our blockade is perfectly legal, and we'd be happy to receive the ambassadors."

I scoffed. "Likely," I whispered under my breath and pulled my robe on to prepare for landing.

The pilots guided our ship down toward the nearest blockade ship, and landed smoothly in the docking bay, where hundreds of battle droids were waiting, watching the ship arrive.

"There's a lot of them," I noted, peering out of the windshield from behind Qui-Gon.

"Indeed," the Jedi Knight replied, his eyes narrowed as he took in the scene. "The Trade Federation is starting to become a big problem."

Obi-Wan turned around to look at me, only a couple of features from his face popping out to me from under his hood. His bright blue eyes met mine, and I took a quick step back, finding myself much too close to him. "You seem to be right about the necessity to resolve this matter," he told me.

I nodded, swallowing a retort. "Well, I do know this planet better than most."

The pilot up front spoke up just then, sparing me from continuing the conversation any further. "The ramp has been opened," she announced. "You've been given clearance to head out whenever you are ready."

"Thank you," Qui-Gon said, then turned to Obi-Wan and I, looking us over meaningfully. He noticed both Obi-Wan and I with our hoods up and nodded in approval. "Are you two ready?"

"Ready as ever, Master," Obi-Wan replied. When Qui-Gon turned to look at me, I nodded in agreement, and he led the two of us off the ship and into the loading dock.

A silver protocol droid was waiting for us at the bottom of the ramp. After conversing quickly with Qui-Gon, it led us toward a set of double doors, which slid open as we neared them. We were led down a could of small hallways, and finally brought into a small room adorned with one long table and several business chairs scattered down the side of it.