【 TWO 】

ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏᴏᴍ ᴡᴀꜱ ꜰɪʟʟᴇᴅ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴍᴏᴋʏ ɢᴀꜱ in less than thirty seconds. To anyone else but Jedi, the situation would have seemed meek, but with my training and my determination, I was sure we were going to make it out of this. Nevertheless, it was impossible to see anything but shadows past my own hand, so I fell back on my training and let Kera's voice flood through me.

Your eyes can betray you, she would tell me. Sense, don't see.

Heeding my imaginary master's advice, I closed my eyes and reached out with the Force. I could sense Obi-Wan near me, and Qui-Gon right next to him. The droid was still in here, clattering around confusedly. It stalked around, walking into walls, for nearly five minutes, until the doors hissed open and some of the gas streamed out, giving the droid enough viability to make it out of the room.

After five minutes of holding my breath, I was starting to feel faint, and I could tell Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon were as well. Nudging each other to cue each other in, we made our way toward the door. I could sense what felt like several droids waiting outside the door, armed and ready to shoot. Obi-Wan nudged me again, and in unison, all three of us let our lightsabers flicker to life.

"Uh oh. Blast them," I heard a droid voice command, and without hesitation, the three of us charged into battle, our lightsabers deflecting any blasts that came our way.

I'd faced many battles throughout my time training, but none as physically exhausting as this one was. Especially after coming from just having held my breath for five minutes straight, I felt drained after just two sets of battle droids. They were waiting around every corner, blasters ready, firing maniacally in our direction.

When we finally found our way to the command room of the ship, Obi-Wan and I instantly fell into the role of defending Qui-Gon as he tried to cut his way through the closed blast door into the room. I tried hard to catch my breath during the breaks, but the droids never seemed to stop coming.

"Exhausted?" I asked Obi-Wan as I wiped a line of sweat off my brow.

"Definitely," he agreed, but as a new batch of droids rushed around the corner, we ceased all conversation and threw ourselves into fighting again.

Despite how tired I was, however, I could tell how much I'd improved since my last battle. My lightsaber skills had increased exponentially, with all of the new moves Kera had been instructing me on recently. I'd been drilling them hardcore for the past couple of weeks, and that had all paid off. Not only was I more in tune with myself and my saber, but I was more in tune with the Force as well.

Even Obi-Wan seemed impressed by my level. "Nice moves," he panted to me during one of our breaks.

"You're not too bad yourself," I replied, trying to catch my breath.

He smirked at that. "See if you can catch up."

I scoffed. "No need to hoard your superiority over me, Your Excellency."

"Stop bickering, you two," Qui-Gon called. "I sense more of them coming."

He was right. Merely seconds after sensing the presence of new droids, several of them appeared from around the corner. But these weren't the kinds we were used to--the beige, semi-human formed battle droids armed with blasters. These were destroyers, rolling towards us at unfathomable speeds, several high-tech blasters equipped at their sides.

"Master!" Obi-Wan called. "Destroyers!"

The two of us made way for Qui-Gon as he pulled his lightsaber from the blast door, and began to deflect blasts from the droids as they clambered to a stop, pulled out their blasters, and began to shoot at us. As they did so, a shield flickered to life in a ball around them, saving them from any shot we would deflect back at them.