Purple Twitch Sticker | 01

DEZ
April 10, 2020

The credits were already rolling. Glancing over to my right, I already knew what I would witness.

And there he was, dead asleep on the couch next to me. His head lay on the arm rest, nose pointed towards the ceiling, allowing his mouth to fall right open. I almost wanted to pop a Cheeto in there, but I feel like suffocating him today.

I patted his leg before standing up and walking to grab him a blanket before throwing it over his body. I tapped my two fingers to the bottom of his chin as I said "Goodnight Andrew."

He always falls asleep on our Friday Movie Nights—that I had already gotten used to it. I knew he didn't do it on purpose—it's just college at the end of the day.

I turned off the lights to the kitchen that were connected to our very modern looking-living room.

Andrew and I had just moved into our new apartment a good month ago, which took us forever to find. It had three rooms, two and a half baths, and an amazing mini balcony connected to our living room to give us a perfect view of Chicago. I loved it here already.

I smiled at the thought of Andrew and I finally managing to move in together. It had always been a dream of ours to live together like the best friends we've been since my sophomore year.

Walking to my bad, I gazed out my window. My room was definitely the best room in the apartment. I had this one gigantic window that took up nearly all of the wall, it gave the most amazing view of the Chicago city night lights. It nearly lit up my whole room.

Snapping out of my daze, I looked over my shoulder and to the my rectangular clock sitting on my short dresser beside my bed.

10:00PM it read.

Damn. I thought to myself, it's already past 9:45–I stream every Friday night at 9:45 pm. But tonight felt different. I didn't want to today.

Looking over at the left side of my desk, I studied the stack of homework waiting to be completed. I felt my mood worsen instantly, a pit in my stomach increasing. I haven't felt this stressed because of school related things in quite a while—and I can't really handle my stress well. I just break down.

Then I looked over to the right side of my desk.

Minecraft was already opened, just calling my name—waiting for my Friday night ritual practically.

But how could I stream tonight? I still have so much more work to do this week and I'm just not up for it today.

They really don't play online-learning. They want us to suffer. My Professors made sure to give some extra work out before we left. Whores.

Fridays are usually the days I allow myself to do literally zero work. But I didn't want to be dreading this for longer than tonight.

With my mind set, I stuffed my belongings and crap into my messenger bag before heading to Old Cup O' Joe—the best place cafe shop in Chicago—and one of the few places open since the lockdown. They have the best workers, coffee, croissants, pastries, you name it. And best of all, they don't close 'till midnight.

I sat in my usual spot in the back corner, taking out my laptop, notebook, and agenda.

I noticed only a good half of the lights were on in the cafe. A functioning light would be above every three or four tables, I'm guessing due to the new social distancing thing. But right now I didn't mind the dimmed room. The darkness gave me a more calm vibe.