How far

"So how does it feel to be dating the cutest boy in school?"

Yet another day of orientation had come to an end, and the girls were back in their dorm.

Of course, with the ground-shaking news that had just come to light, people were either dying to interview Yejin for more details, or too busy hating on her in their own miserable corners.

No matter what, like it or not, the truth remains that Hyun Bin and Son Yejin are together.

"Shouldn't we be resting?" The former Student Council president asked, looking at Hyojin pleadingly for help when their new friends staying on the same level pressed her for more details in the common area. "It's the last day of orientation tomorrow, I'm sure everyone needs the energy."

"Answer the question." May echoed, eliciting a resigned nod from Yejin.

Well, Bin is really good-looking by commercial standards, she thought. But even if he isn't, Yejin is certain she will still love him, and treasure him for what's within.

How often does one get to meet and hold on to a soulmate?

"...actually, I really don't care about looks." Yejin started, before throwing her hands up in front of her face at the glares she was getting from all around.

" Yejin started, before throwing her hands up in front of her face at the glares she was getting from all around

"You're so getting canceled, girl." One of their seniors, Regina, playfully hurled a pillow in the younger girl's direction. "I can't believe you just humble bragged. Hyun Bin is practically perfect."

That wasn't an exaggeration; by noon on Day 1, the senior classes were already buzzing with excitement over the new boy who was certainly handsome enough to be a celebrity.

"No, really. He has always been there for me, since we were kids. We've always been close friends."

That earned Yejin a dirty look from her best friend.

"Close friends don't get jealous of the ladies their boyfriends are close with." Hyojin began, before listing names at the sight of Yejin's growing protest. "Areum, Miss Sam? I have more in the list from high school."

"This, my younger friends, is why I struggle with trust issues. Close friends or not, no one ever knows for sure." Regina laughed, adding kindly to Yejin, "You two make a super cute couple. I will never let him leave my bed if I were you."

Wait. Bed? What--? The third-year senior's words sank in, leaving the freshman all flustered.

Oh my goodness, what are they insinuating?

Doing that?

Doing that with Bin?

"No, I—we, no, wait—" The former council president started, torn between holding her tongue and creating more disastrous scenarios.

"So...how far have you guys gone?" May asked in a hushed whisper, drawing excited squeals from the others. "All the way?"

Mortified by the question, but nonetheless thinking, Yejin tried to recall the most she and Bin had done in terms of physical intimacy.

Mmm.

Kissing would have to be the furthest.

No tongue, her traitorous mind added.

Casting her best friend a pleading glance, hoping Hyojin could miraculously change the topic for her, Yejin couldn't help but notice how quiet she was.

In fact, Hyojin was just staring at her feet, the tips of her ears flushed pink.

That was definitely strange; Hyojin always had something to say.

Grimacing sheepishly, the council president lied, "Umm...quite far, I guess?"

To her horror, that only made her new friends even more excited.

This conversation needs to end before things get embarrassing, Yejin thought helplessly.

In any case, her prayers must have been heard, for her orientation group leader Claire stepped into the common area with a clipboard in hand.

"Sorry to interrupt the conversation, but Year Ones, I'd need to speak with you regarding tomorrow's activities."

"No problem, we have lots of time to chat in the year ahead." Regina smiled. Leaving Yejin with a wink, the older girl walked away in the direction of her room. "Goodnight everyone."

The day came to an official end when Claire eventually finished her briefing on the following day's events, but it was only the beginning of a long night of thinking for Yejin.

They've been together for around eight months, but Bin hadn't made a move to do anything beyond kissing.

In fact, he had always been very respectful of the boundaries, not that she had set them.

Should she be worried?

Now, the question on her mind wasn't so much of how far they had gone.

Rather, how far should they go?