Summer Daze

Summer came fast, vibrant and lively, just like music turned up to full volume.

The sky blazed blue with rays of gold filtering through, under the brilliant sun which was playing host to the joyous celebrations taking place on the endless stretches of sand and sea.

Youthful energy rode on the heat waves, and it came as no surprise that the young couple and their best friends were all spending their Saturday on the beach as well. They'd had a few rounds of beach volleyball, before splitting to spend time in smaller groups.

May and Regina were not only checking out some cute boys selling buns, but busy looking at...their buns as well.

Hyojin and Ha Neul were last seen frolicking in the ocean, and...well, Hyun Bin didn't want to imagine what the two might be doing at this point.

Maybe he wanted to, but it wasn't fun thinking about something he wasn't going to get to do.

Around him, laughter filled the air-- everyone was having a good time.

For the hot-blooded young man, it was a day of fun and...

...tribulations.

"Bin...can you help me with applying this on my back?"

Holy shit.

For the love of everything good and holy, Yejin was handing him a bottle of sunscreen lotion.

Did she really not know what happened back then at the university sports hall during orientation, when he had basically sprinted to the bathroom with his hands covering his groin?

Earlier, he had barely survived when his girlfriend decided to remove her white-lace beach kaftan to reveal a yellow bandeau bikini top with a high waist bottom that had tiny sunflowers printed over a black background.

It was a modest bikini going by the other ladies parading themselves on the beach, but he had never, ever seen Yejin in anything less than a one-piece swimsuit, so this was pretty destructive for his sanity.

It didn't help that she looked so darn cute in that moment, with her pretty eye smile, bashful smile, sun-kissed cheeks and that killer body she sculpted with pilates and taekwondo.

That stirring in his groin was getting harder and harder to ignore.

Casting a longing glance at his girlfriend, admiring the toned lines and curves on her body, Hyun Bin hoped he wasn't stammering when he agreed to help.
"S-Sure."

Mind over body, Hyun Bin. Mind over body. You've got this, man, he chanted inwardly, squeezing a generous dollop of lotion on his palm.

Focus. Mind over body.

His hand came into contact with her bare skin—

—ohhhh, fuck this mind over body shit. It's not working.

Her skin felt so soft and supple under his fingers; it was even better than anything he had ever imagined.

Shifting awkwardly, the basketball player tried to hide the increasingly awkward situation between his thighs, while spreading the cream all over her skin in whitish circles.

"Thank you, Bin. Make sure you spread it out thoroughly."

I'll be very thorough, he thought, before mentally slapping himself. That sounds wrong, this is Yejin for goodness' sake!

No disrespectful thoughts allowed.

Nodding, he muttered. "Got it."

Finally, when he was done helping her, Hyun Bin awkwardly moved to join his girlfriend on the picnic mat, lying on his stomach in hopes of concealing his very uncomfortable situation.