I: Me, the Mudblood?

And part 2 is here!

IMPORTANT PLEASE READ: Hi guys, sorry for the late update, these last few weeks I seemed to be developing symptoms similar to dyslexia and I couldn't even read never mind write so I'm sorry about that but I'm better now. 

Fanart is not mine.

Hermione paced outside the Leaky Cauldron. As much as people may have come to admire her since the war there was no doubt that the brunette had quite a few enemies as well, what if the mystery person was one of them? What if they tried to hurt her? Threaten her?

No, stop. She told herself. The Leaky Cauldron is always full of people, nobody would try that. But when Hermione entered she found that the Leaky Cauldron was near empty. Everyone's lunch breaks must have just ended.

She scanned the crowd and in the corner of the shop, a lone hooded figure sat. That must be them. Hermione gripped her wand handle but walked over. "Excuse me, I got a letter to meet you here?" Hermione spoke.

When the figure turned its head Hermione was looking at the face of none other than Narcissa Malfoy.

~~~

"Hermione! Please have a seat, would you like anything to drink? Tea, coffee?" Narcissa asked. "All on me, of course."

"Aunt 'Cissa? Why didn't you sign your letter? Or just ask to come over for tea? Why did I have to watch Zabini and his sister-Aria, I think-'s birth? Oh! Do you need help to find her?" Hermione fired and Narcissa laughed, Hermione was still the same girl she watched her son fall in love with before the war.

"No, dear, I've always kept a very close eye on Aria. She is my goddaughter after all. Let's not say why you had to see that here, how about we go back to the manor and I'll show you the rest of the memories?"

"Would it be alright if we went back to my place instead? I just, if it's alright I'd rather not-" see him.

"As you wish darling. Will we apparate, or use the floo?"

"I locked the floo off last year, I actually had to get it on before lunch today, Theo's supposed to drop by."

Hermione gripped Narcissa's arm at the apparition point and felt them both squeezed into nothingness. Before they landed in Hermione's bare living room.

"Let me just unlock the floo, there's an island in the kitchen we can stand by," Hermione said.

Minutes later the two women were diving into the Pensieve and the younger Narcissa was holding the little baby girl, only a few minutes old in a muggle street. She walked around, taking many turns and walks back, making sure that she was untraceable when she finally walked up to the very house they stood in.

She knocked on the door and a young couple opened it, the Grangers. "Good evening, may I please come in?" Narcissa asked. The Grangers stepped aside. "Do you recall a few months ago, my friend Allegra Zabini and I met you and asked if you would be interested in raising a child?" They nodded.

"You never reached out to us again; we assumed it was some sort of joke."

"It wasn't. Reaching out to muggles was too risky, the child would have been found out but we have watched you, carefully. You're capable of raising a magical child."

"Muggles? What do you mean watching us? This all seems rather sketchy."

"It is, very. But if you want a child to call your own, you may raise this beautiful girl. Though I will warn you if you ever hurt her you will have hell to pay. Nobody will suspect anything, she is secret and you all will be safe and you will have two very powerful witches watching over you."

"Witches?" The younger Narcissa explained everything and even did a little bit of magic to convince them.

"We'll raise her to the best of our abilities, may we ever tell her? Anything else to know, a message from her birth mother?"

"You may tell her she is adopted, you may never say from who or where. You will have to forget you ever met me, ever learned of magic before someone from Hogwarts comes for her. I will wipe your memory of this day, some house elves will alter muggle knowledge to look as though you got her through regular adoption. And she must be named Aria Isabella. Are you still agreeable?"

The couple looked scared but joyous and they nodded. "Then it is as good as done. Before I go I will tell you, someday we will return for her and take back our own. As soon as her safety is guaranteed. Goodbye." The younger Narcissa cast a glamour on the baby, obliviated the muggles and vanished into the night.

Narcissa and Hermione landed back in Hermione's kitchen. "Those were my parents, those muggles were the Grangers'. I never had a sister what happened to Aria?"

Narcissa placed her arm on the younger witch's shoulder. "Hermione Jean Granger, you are Aria Isabella Valerie Zabini."

"Me, the mudblood?" Pain flashed in the elder's eyes. Hermione laughed until she was gasping for breath. "Aunt 'Cissa if I was her, the Grangers would have named me Aria."

"They did but the Death Eaters suspected a second child and your father said you were to be named Aria and they began searching so we made them change your name."

"The Zabini's are pureblood's, I'm a muggle-born. I'm Hermione not Aria. They would have told me that I was adopted."

"They must have had their reasons. I said we would return for you and I have. How could I convince you?"

"The glamour charm. Remove it, verbally. Accio mirror." Hermione's skin burned but as soon as it stopped, seconds later, she looked stared at the girl in the mirror. She looked...just like her blood mother. Aside from her skin tone nothing had really changed, her hair was a little darker perhaps a little tamer, she was about two inches taller. The girl in the mirror seemed twenty times as beautiful as the stubborn, insecure, Hermione Granger. "Please put it back now."

"You don't want your true form?" Narcissa asked.

"I do, I don't look like me now." She tingled again and when she looked again she was Hermione. "I-I have to go Aunt Cissa. I'll owl you." Hermione ran to her living room.

Narcissa wanted to follow but knew it would only make things worse.

"Incendio," she muttered pointing her want at her fireplace and before throwing a large dose of floo powder into the flames.

Where did she go? Who did she go to? Harry? He had enough going. She needed someone from her life as Hermione Granger. Dra-no he hated her and her blood, seeing him would not be good.

She knew where to go. "103 DIAGON ALLEY."