Bets.

You walked into the library for your study date with Blaise. Immediately you spot him in your usual spot, Draco sitting beside him.

"Hey, I didn't know you'd be joining us," you smile placing your books on the table.
He stood up quickly. "I'm not. I was actually leaving."
"See you later man"
You raised a brow at Blaise. "What was that about?"

Blaise rolled his eyes and sighed almost annoyed. "He wants to ask some girl out to Hogsmead."
"Who?" You asked starting to write your notes.
"Susanna somebody." He shrugs also doing his notes. "I told him he's Draco Malfoy. She should be happy he'd even consider her."

You looked at up at him with an expression. "That is shitty advice. I mean--I guess it wasn't even advice. It was an ego boost which, goodness knows, Draco Malfoy does not need."
Blaise only shrugged. "It seemed to work. He's gonna ask her during dinner."
You snorted going back to your notes.

"What?" He looked at you.
"Nothing."
"No, tell me."
"Nothing. She's just gonna say no."

Blaise smirked. "Are we going to do the usual?"
"Ten galleons she says no."
"Fine."
You two slid palms and fist bumped, your handshake to seal the deal.

Most of the Slytherins were accustomed to you hanging about and anyone who wasn't, certainly wasn't going to say anything unless they wanted to deal with Blaise. So no one eyed you when you sat at their table for dinner.

"There she is."
Draco nodded as he got up making his toward the girl. The two of you sat besides each other watching as he walked to the girl. They spoke for a moment before disappearing out The Great Hall doors.

"Are you ready to lose?" Blaise said when they both came back into the hall.
"Mm, well see." You had it on good authority she already had a date and probably wouldn't break it for Draco but Blaise didn't need to know that. A bit cheaty? Maybe, but life goes on.

"Well," Blaise said looking at Draco with wide anticipating eyes.
Draco shrugged. "She has a date already. I'm gonna go throw up now."
You sharply turned your head to look at Blaise, brows raised barely hiding your smile.

"What?" Draco asked noting the look.
Both of you shook your head. "What?"
"Why are you guys looking like that?"
"We're not looking like anything!"

His eyes narrowed as they shifted between you and Blaise.
"You did it again didn't you? I told you two stop making bets on my love life!"