Bad Idea.

You're so clever.
You're brilliant!
You have good head on your shoulders. 

If you were so smart then why were you stuck in a sickening breakup-makeup cycle with Blaise. In retrospect you weren't even sure what caused this last fight, but you knew you were mad at each other. You wished you could grab yourself by the shoulders and shake some sense into yourself, but alas you still found yourself quietly missing him. 

Your pen tapped against the parchment, maybe if you tapped it enough the words for this Charms essay would fall onto the paper. A sigh passed through your lips. It was no use, you wouldn't be able to finish it tonight. Why were you like this? You shook your head packing up your stuff and left the library. 

"You're done with your essay that quick?" Your suitemate asked as you threw yourself on your bed.
"No, I just needed a break."
She eyed you for a moment. "You know Blaise asked me to ask you to meet him at the boathouse."
You rolled your eyes. "I don't care."
She shrugged. "If you say so."
Several moments passed in silence before you groaned getting off your bed. "Fine!"

You were about half-way there. What would you even say? Everything in you was saying this was a bad idea. It always went like this. You could not go and end the cycle for good. For the umpteenth time today you sighed. This is a bad idea you nodded to yourself and headed back to your dorm before you got in trouble.

"Where are you off to?"
Fuck.

You turned around, your eyes immediately met his. "To my dorm."
The corner of his lip ever so slightly twitched upward. "I'll walk you."
The walk was silent, a big contrast to the busyness in your head. Suddenly you were pulled down a corridor. You opened your mouth to say something but you heard the footsteps; a teacher doing a night patrol. The steps faded away, but you two stayed pressed against the wall. For the second time tonight your eyes met. Time stood still for a moment before your lips pressed together.

And so the cycle continues.

___
something i cooked up while trying to sleep at 3am
lightly inspired by bad idea by girl in red