twenty-eight

HAYDEN
**
***
*****

Okay. What the actual fuck happened? I had Casey curled up to my chest, her face snuggled in my neck. The sheets on my bed were thrown across the room in a hamper and it reeked of sweat.

Gagging, I got out of bed and opened my window, sighing as the warm breeze blew into the bedroom. I glanced at Casey, noticing the bruises on her hips, and frowned immediately, walking back to the bed and brushing my thumb over them. She shifted in her sleep when I kissed it, then walked into the washroom. After brushing my teeth and using the toilet, I set the bath up for Casey and walked out, hearing her gentle snores.

Last night was... well, it was definitely different from the other nights.. All I know if that I fucked the absolute daylights out of Casey... and she liked it just as much as I did.

I have no idea what came over me last night.

"Hey," I whispered to her gently, kissing her jaw. "Wake up."

She groaned to herself, waving me off. I chuckled.

"C'mon, Case," I murmured, taking the sheets from her body. She whined, rolling around. "I have a bath ready for you."

She huffed to herself, slowly peeling her eyes open. I smiled when our eyes met, which she immediately returned with a tired one.

Maybe I should let her sleep, her body definitely needs to rest...

"Good—"

She stopped speaking when her voice came out dry and raspy, coughing slightly. I picked her up immediately and walked inside the washroom, putting her in the hot water. She moaned as she sank in, closing her eyes again. I walked out and grabbed another water bottle, then walked into the washroom and gave it to her.

She nodded her head as a thanks, taking the bottle and downing it. I sat next to her and rubbed her shoulder.

"Thank you," she finally whispered, making me smile and run a hand through her hair. She chuckled to herself quietly, shaking her head. "I don't think I'm going to be able to walk for days."

I frowned and went to say something, but she continued speaking. "Not that I'm complaining. You fucked me limp."

My cheeks became to warm up until I felt like they had been set on fire. Casey chuckled, sitting up. I didn't miss the wince on her face as she did that just before she pecked my lips.

"You feeling okay?" I asked, turning the water off and adding some more bubbles to the water for her.

"So okay," she mumbled back, making me chuckle and kiss her forehead. Her eyes were still closed and her smile widened. "So, so okay."

I rolled my eyes at her cheeky grin. "Good. Your insurance company called about the car, by the way. I took care of it. You should have the newest model by next week."

She sat up, staring at me in shock. Then, she began to shake her head. "I'm not taking that car, Hayden. Are you insane? It'll take me ages to be able to pay you back for that—"

"You're not paying me back," I cut off with a snort. "The company offered to get the same car but I wouldn't take it. It's in your name and everything. I'm not taking any money from you."