||red door||

Season 2 episode 5

"Have you forgotten where you are?"Esther tells her son

"Save your strength. My chains don't break easily. Having sweet dreams?"Esther asks him.

"Get out of my head."

"I'm not in your head. You we're screaming. Go ahead, get your bearing. We have much to discuss."Esther says to her son Elijah.

"Who were you dreaming about ripping apart when you woke earlier? Was it your little playing, Hayley or your little friend Ophelia that your brother Klaus is in love with? Or was it someone else's?"Esther asks him as Elijah gets mad.

"Oh, stop fighting, Elijah. I brought you here to listen. And you're not going anywhere until I've said my piece."Esther tells him.

"So speak."

"I want you to rejoin our family, but as a witch. I want you to leave behind the grotesque savage vampirism has made for you. Take the body of a mortal, and we can be all happy again. Start over."Esther tells him as Elijah looks at her with his evil eye.

"You do know you're entirely demented, don't you?"

"Heh, Heh, heh. Am I? I'm not the one who pulls the wings off every beautiful butterfly that he finds. Like the women who flits across the edge of your nightmare."Esther tells him.

"Let me go. Now."Elijah tells her mother as he shows his vampire face.

"Mhm. How quickly you slip back into your more savage self. The moral son I've raised is now but a mask worn to hide ancient demons."

"You know nothing."

"See, that's where you're wrong. I know more the secrets you carry than you do. Shall I list them? I can begin with the first little butterfly you destroyed. The sweet young widow from our village who caught your eye when you were human. You know Ophelia is kinda related to her from her mother side."Esther says.

"How do you know that?"

"I know everything. You remember her. Of course. How could you forget the first girl to steal your heart? She was mystical blood. The doppelgänger, Tatia."Esther said and she remembers that day.

"I did nothing but love that women till the day you took her life."Elijah said and Esther chuckled softly.

"I know that's what you believe. Which is precisely why you are here. I need to show you the monger you really are. When I do, you will beg for salvation. And happily, I shall provide it."Esther tells him.