Chapter 1

Quality over Quantity. I want to have a good life and enjoy it. Part of enjoying my life is having fun, memories good and bad, and having weird things happen to me. I think these highschool years in my life are bad and later in life I'm going to have good memories and stories. I do want to prove to my classmates when I'm older that I do have the life they want and that's the reason why they were so mean to me, not because the things they said about me were true.

I walked to my locker to get my books for the last class of the day. On my left there is a boy at his locker right by me. On my left are two girls getting their books too, talking about me to make me feel less and they succeed everyday.

"I invited everyone to my party except Scarlett, it was the right choice right Sabrina."

"Right. She's weird, annoying and loud. Do you remember 8th grade when she did have friends. It's good they all left her."

I slammed my locker shut, angrily. I know they're doing it on purpose in front of me, but I wish they did it behind my back. They don't have to make my life suck even more. I declined doing online school and now I regret it.

I walked to my History class, glad the day is almost over. I want to go home and read my book and be alone. I doubt I will be alone. My mom always needs my help with something even when my siblings still lived there, she always picked me to help.

***

I drove home after school, using the gps. I have been driving for four months now and still don't know how to get home from school. I barely even know which lane to drive in. I should not have gotten my license to be honest. 

I pull up at my house park on the road right by the sidewalk. I turn off my car. I get my backpack that has most of my books in it and put it on. I got out, locked my car and went inside with relief that I did not crash my car today. I hope my mom is in a good mood.

I open the door and close the door. I set my backpack by the door and go to put my keys on the keyring in the living room by the door to the garage. I walked half way and noticed my Uncle Rick, mom and dad sitting on the couch staring at me. My Uncle smiles with dimples showing through his unshaven face. My mom was nervous as could be her brown hair out her face showing her freckles, her brown eyes filled with anxiety. My dad has a straight face that is clean shaven as he does for work in a suit making his blonde and brown eyes stand out. I stopped and stared back.

What is my Uncle doing here? He is never here! He's too good for us, is what I like to think. He has been here two times. My mom always says he's always busy. Then it hits me he's here because of what happened last spring right before my birthday in April. I know what's happening here. I don't know what to thin-

"Scarlett! Scarlett!"

"What?" I managed to reply to my mother. It was kind of rude the way I said that word, but right now I can't think or feel.

"I called your name three times. You were zoned out again. You know that I hate when you do that."

"I'm sorry! What did y'all need to talk to me about?" I say sorrowful. I know they need to talk to me based on my Uncle being here and their expressions.

"Come sit" she said with a smile, I shook my head saying no. I am more comfortable standing. Sitting will make it more awkward. My dad sighed probably thinking what is wrong with me. " All of us" she said, gesturing with hands to my uncle and dad. "We're thinking it was best for you to go to your Uncle's special school."

When she said special she meant it. Only rich, smart kids go to his school. None of my siblings were allowed to go to school there. The only family has gone was Uncle Rick's daughter, and now the youngest child of Amelia Black (her maiden name).

"Why?" I said rudley.

"I think it will be a good idea since the accident that happened in the spring." My uncle charmed in. Of course the accident was tied to that.

I looked at my parents ignoring my Uncles statement. " Were not poor but were not rich! We can't afford for me to go! You have Charlotte's, and Elijah's college to pay for! Your lucky Anna didn't go to college, and went into the military." We Are not lucky that Anna went into the military, I am scared for her. I don't want her to die or get hurt. She's the sweetest one in my family. It was a surprise that she did. She said she was but no one believed her.

"It's ok, we're not paying. Rick was nice and said you can for free. He just couldn't let you siblings go for free too. He would be losing money."

"Won't Aurora be there? She doesn't like me."

"Yes she will and she does like you!" My uncle said.

"Do I even have a choice?" I asked, knowing the answer already.

"No." All three adults said. I sighed.

"You're going to school tomorrow, telling your principal and teachers you're transferring. Then after school you leave with me. Don't pack clothes, pack everything else, you have uniforms there.