Chapter 5

"You're not concentrating!"

"I'm trying." I say. I really am, I'm on the erg or tears. I let my wall down and hear the voices. I haven't heard the voices since I went to my Uncles office. I relax my body and I contracent on the voices.

"Were not normal voices." "You're not crazy." "Were alive but not humans." "Go to that plant over there." "Who do you think we are?" "We know you!" "We have to listen to you no matter what." "I hate humans!" There's to many voices I can't listen or concentrate.

"SHUT UP!" I yell. I couldn't take in the talking and the voices listened except one.

"Excuse me?" Mrs. White asked me. We were alone in her classroom trying to figure out my powers.

"I'm sorry not you. The other voices." I concentrated more. One voice spoke up and started talking.

"Ask us the plants what to d-" The door opened and the voice kept talking, however my focus went to the door. Anthony walked in.

"Mrs. Black needs you Mrs. White." Anthony said. Mrs.White exited the room. Anthony went across the room, picked up a globe then threw it at me. I didn't catch it. It hit me smack in the face. "Oh sorry! I thought you would catch it or something."

I understood what he was trying to do. He was trying to get me to use my power or at least I think. Mrs. White came in yelling at Anthony that no one needed her and Anthony ran away. I couldn't help but laugh.

It has been a week since I found out what the school actually was. Anthony keeps telling me my power isn't voices in my head, but what does he know? Elliot is set on the voices on my head and keeps laughing about it. Luna is actually helping in a good way that doesn't involve throwing a globe.

I woke up frightened. Why do I keep dreaming that dream or not a dream. It actually did happen, three weeks ago! I still don't know my power. I looked at my watch, it's 3 A.M. Great!

I grabbed my flashlight from under my pillow. I keep waking up at three in the morning unable to go back to sleep. I got up quietly and went to the library. I turn on the lights to the library.

I found a secret room in the library two days ago, that's where I'm headed. You just pull a certain book and your in. The room is really cute. There's a couch with blankets and pillows, a bookshelf, lights everywhere and a small white table. The walls are a pulchritudinous light gray.

I pull the book lever and walk in. I sit on the floor instead of the couch. I pull the book off the little white table. It was the book with all the stories. It looked like the old hardback books from the 1900's. I sit there looking at the book wondering if I should write in it or read the book. Thinking of this crazy school and having relief that I am part of something. I never played sports. I hate sports and they hate me. I try to run and I end up on the floor trying to breathe five minutes in.

"You reading the Pars?" I jumped. No one was supposed to be up. I gave him a confused look. "The book with our stories. We called it Pars, or Faction. Fiction and nonfiction. It's not fiction, however to other people it is fiction."

"What are-" He interrupted me. I'm always interrupted even at home. I never get a word in.

"Luna's always up to at this time. I am sometimes when I have nightmares. I saw the light from your flashlight, I followed you." I nodded. "Are you ok? I can usually tell how someone's emotions are and how they're feeling."

That one sentence sent tears down my face. I just looked at the book in my hand not wanting to look at Anthony. Not many people ask if I'm okay or acknowledge it. He sits by me and scoots more by me. My tears stop. " I can't do it." I manage to say. I couldn't say another word after that or I know I'll start tearing up again.