Chapter 2: Giants and Banes

"Leave her alone Heracles," the god demanded. "I will not hesitate to restrain you, brother or not."

Hercules turned around to see Perseus, his brother, with his sword in hand. "Why do you bother me? What does this bitch have to do with you?"

"She is a maiden," Perseus replied. "Therefore she falls under my protection."

"You're a pathetic excuse for a male," Heracles spit. "Traveling along with Artemis and those maidens." He threw the girl beside him to the ground and drew his own sword from its sheath.

"You may be the god of swordsmanship, but I will prove to you whose the better swords-"

Perseus walked towards Heracles as the world slowed down around him. He watched with disgust as his mouth slowly moved and his body moved into a stance. He swung his fist and connected with the demigods jaw.

Heracles let out a scream of pain as he flew into a tree almost twenty yards away. Before he could figure out what happen, Perseus was lifting him up by his collar.

"You don't deserve to cross swords with me," he snarled. He threw him into another tree with a loud thunk.

Heracles slowly stood up from the tree and coughed up a small amount of blood. "C-Curse... I curse y-you. One day you will fade and I'll be there to take your place."

He felt something cold and metal press up against his neck. When he looked towards his brother, he noticed that he wasn't there. He slowly turned his head to see the god, his eyes shown a bright gold.

"A mortal cannot curse a god," Perseus said.

Heracles let out a horrible scream of pain as the gods blade sliced across each of his limbs. He fell to the ground, but felt a rough breeze before he touched the ground. He lifted his head to see himself flying through the air and heading straight for the trunk of yet another tree.

"I'm sorry you had to see that," Perseus spoke up.

The girl was shaking, clearly affected from the absolute humiliation of Hercules. However, she seemed to calm down once the gods eyes turned back to their normal shade of blue.

"L-Lord P-Perseus," she stuttered out.

"Please don't call me lord," Perseus begged. "It makes me feel old."

"S-sorry," she replied.

"There's no need to apologize, what's your name daughter of Atlas?"

The girl seemingly froze at the mentioned of the Titans name. "H-how?"

"One of my strongest domains is loyalty," Perseus said. "I can see where ones true loyalty lies and I can see what loyalties have been cut. As of right now, you are only loyalty was to Hercules, which is now cut, and I can tell that you had a loyalties to Atlas as a daughter in the past."

"So this is it for me," she mumbled loud enough for the god to hear it.

"I do not understand," he said.

"I'm the daughter of a Titan," she replied. "It's your duty as a god to capture me and lock me up as threat."

"I have no such duty," he said confidently. "You are not your father, so you will not atone for his sins. However, as Lieutenant of the Hunt, I have a duty to offer any maiden I deem fit a position within the Hunt."

"What is the Hunt?"

Perseus snapped his fingers and timed paused all around him, including the girl. He walked over to a nearby tree and cut it down with his sword. He cut two separate pieces and brought them to the girl. He snapped his fingers and sat down on the log as the girl stared at him. He motioned her to sit down on the log behind her and so she did, though a little hesitantly.