Chapter 3: Punishment and Modern Times

Over a thousand views with two chapters!? You guys are amazing! I'm back to writing now so hopefully I can start pumping out chapters.

The Giant, Porphyrion, had been brought to his knees by the King of the Gods. They had lost and he knew it. His face was filled with hate, but also fear. Zeus was known for his punishment, even among the giants.

"You and your siblings caused too much pain upon this world and upon my family," Zeus scolded. "My son died honorably and was involved in the death of five of your siblings."

A pained look flashed across the gods face. A single tear could be seen falling from his eye.

"That doesn't make his passing hurt any less."

Porphyrion tried to take advantage of Zeus and lunged towards his throat. A bolt of lightning immediately struck the Giant back to the ground.

"Brothers, I think Porphyrion deserves more than a simple death."

Poseidon and Hades nodded in agreement; they walked over towards Zeus and flashed away with the Giant in tow.

The council broke apart and headed to their respective temples and domains. Artemis and Apollo stayed behind to talk for as a mumbling Zoe walked up to them.

"What is it?" Artemis asked with a hint of concern. "You look distraught."

Zoe sucked in a deep breath and exhaled it almost immediately. She pulled her bow off her shoulder and bowed.

"I-I have betrayed your oath, M'Lady," she spoke up. "I do not deserve to reside within your hunt nor use your blessing any longer."

Apollo shot glances between the two, deciding wether or not to intervene for the hunters sake. He did know about Perseus and Zoe after his brother came to him for advice. The last thing he would have wanted was to have Zoe leave the Hunt.

"Arty," he said. "I think you should-"

The goddess stuck her hand up, cutting off her brother.

"I've known of your feelings for my brother as well as his," she answered. "There is a truth I will reveal to you."

Zoe looked up at the goddess with a confused look until everything suddenly hit her like a truck.

"He pushed me away on purpose... because-"

"I told him to," Artemis finished. "I did not want to lose neither of you, but I was not given a choice. The only way was for one of you to push the other away."

Zoe looked up at the goddess as tears began to roll down her cheek. Artemis let out a sigh and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"I will allow you to stay in the hunt on two conditions. First you must never love another man as you did Perseus."

"I could never love anyone else," Zoe said quietly, but loud enough for the god to hear it.

"Secondly, you must replace Perseus as my Lieutenant."

____________________________________

"The manticore is here," Artemis growled as her and the hunt grew closer.

They tracked the monster to a military boarding school in the state line. They set up camp not far from it and are currently hiding in the tree line.

"The scent is getting stronger."

Artemis told her hunters to prepare as the scent of the monster drew nearer. Suddenly she picked up the scent of two demigods on top of the monsters and two more behind them.