Chapter 3: 'Shopping Spree!'

EDITED

Luck seemed to have deserted them on that particular day. It all started with Bakugou spending the night at Kirishima's apartment, only to be awakened in the middle of the night by a crying baby with a wet blanket. Then, they had to endure a two-day wait for the DNA results to come back. It felt utterly ridiculous to even have to take a DNA test to determine if the child was theirs or not, considering the fact that boys couldn't give birth. 

Inside the store, Bakugou allowed the baby to choose its own toys, which turned out to be surprisingly few. It seemed the little one didn't have extravagant desires, settling for a couple of stuffed animals and a blanket. Bakugou had brought along five thousand yen for no apparent reason, perhaps thinking Kirishima might need some money. He couldn't fault his own preparedness. However, the outing took an unexpected turn when Midoriya stumbled upon them.

"Kacchan?" Midoriya's voice held confusion as his green eyes fell upon the baby in Bakugou's arms. "Why are you in a toy store, and since when do you have a kid?" He directed his gaze at the infant, who seemed to draw Tizumi's attention as well.

"It's complicated. How's your brat?" Bakugou replied, his tone guarded.

"Tizumi is fine. Good job catching that villain. Shoto and I couldn't catch her before. Her quirk is how we ended up with this little one."

Bakugou's eyes widened at the revelation. "Wait, what? What's her quirk?"

"Baby make. She's the reason Kaminari and Sero have twins, Shoto and I have Tizumi, Ashido and Uraraka have a kid, and Yaoyorzu and Jirou have a child too. Did you and Kirishima get hit?"

Bakugou nodded, unable to trust his own voice to respond. Midoriya's eyes widened, and he looked down at the baby in Bakugou's arms. "Then that baby is yours. Was it near the battle?" Midoriya inquired.

"I don't fucking know. Ask shitty hair. But probably. He's three months old."

"Oh, congrats. Tizumi was a newborn in January. Now it's the first day of September. He's seven months old." Midoriya smiled, and Bakugou hummed, glancing down at the baby sucking on its thumb. The sight made Bakugou cringe, but it also evoked a giggle from the infant. Midoriya couldn't help but be awestruck, observing the interaction between the two babies. Tizumi seemed interested in the small brown-skinned baby with a pacifier in his mouth. The significance didn't hit Midoriya until Tizumi reached out to the other child. He wondered why Tizumi was drawn to Bakugou's kid.

"Well, I should go," Midoriya said, preparing to leave. "Good luck, Kacchan!"

Bakugou rolled his eyes, feeling relieved that the encounter was over. He paid for their purchases and waited at the food court for Kirishima. However, the baby started tugging at Bakugou's v-neck shirt and whining softly. Lost in his phone, Bakugou failed to notice the baby's distress. Soon, the whining turned into full-fledged crying, drawing the attention of everyone around them. Bakugou, startled by the sudden noise, looked down at the infant in his arms. Why was it crying? Was it bored? Missing Kirishima, perhaps? What could be the reason for this baby's tears? And why was it causing such a scene? Frustrated by the unwanted attention, Bakugou realized the cause when he noticed the baby's hand. "Alright, alright, I hear ya," Bakugou mumbled, standing up with the bag of items. "Stop crying. I'll feed you." However, the baby's crying persisted. Bakugou, his hearing aid set to a low volume, couldn't fully grasp the intensity of the crying, but it was still quite loud. After fruitlessly searching for a vacant restroom, Bakugou gave up and headed to his car for privacy. This baby was starting to tarnish his damn reputation.

Unlocking his black 2019 Toyota Camry, Bakugou settled in the back seat with the baby. Making sure no one was around, he proceeded to breastfeed the child. The baby latched onto Bakugou's left nipple, and a sense of relief washed over him as the cries subsided. The last thing he needed was one of his fans witnessing this act, as it would not only raise questions but also be incredibly embarrassing. Just as he began to relax, a knock on the car window jolted Bakugou's attention to Kirishima. Narrowing his intense red eyes, Bakugou watched as Kirishima entered the driver's seat with a sizable box, a few bags, and a car seat. Clearly, he had gone shopping.