Chapter 14: 'Sleepover'

EDITED

Keijo sat in the living room engrossed in coloring the pages of his Deku coloring book. The tranquility of the moment was accentuated by the rare occurrence of both his parents being on a two-week break. They reclined comfortably, enjoying a leisurely television session. Keijo cherished these precious moments spent with his parents above all else. However, his grip faltered, causing the green crayon to slip from his fingers, prompting a pout to form on his lips. His palms were clammy, which only added to his frustration. Relinquishing his coloring efforts, Keijo inadvertently triggered a minor outburst of distress, causing him to whine and retreat from the table. Observing the commotion from the corner of his eye, Bakugou redirected his attention to his distressed child and inquired, "Little dynamite, what's troubling you?"

"My hands are sparking!" Keijo exclaimed anxiously, tears welling in his eyes. Seeking solace, he hurried over to his father. Bakugou lifted him onto his lap and reassured him, "They aren't scary, just little sparks. See?" Demonstrating, he extended his left hand and replicated the sparking effect. "Direct your focus solely on your hands and attempt to calm yourself down. Gradually, those sparks will diminish." Keijo sniffled and complied with his father's guidance, fixating his attention on his hands and taking deep breaths. Gradually, the sparking subsided, eliciting a sense of relief. A wave of happiness washed over Keijo as Bakugou praised him and tenderly planted a kiss on his head. Beaming with joy, Keijo basked in the warmth of the moment, feeling like his dream had come true. He was truly content.

"Oh, by the way, my parents... they want to meet both of you," Kirishima interjected with a nervous chuckle.

"What?" Bakugou murmured, casting a questioning glance at his husband. "Why?"

"I told them about Keijo, and they expressed their desire to meet him. However, they are unaware of my sexual orientation. I thought it would be ideal for them to meet you, my love," Kirishima explained, planting a tender kiss on Bakugou's temple and grinning. Bakugou, though he huffed and rolled his eyes, couldn't deny the sincerity in Kirishima's plea. "When is this happening?"

"Tomorrow."

"Road trip!" Keijo cheered, his enthusiasm palpable. Bakugou patted his son's head with a resigned sigh. "Since you don't have any siblings, will Keijo be bored? I don't want to bring him along if he'll just be bored. Tizumi is currently at Round Face's house with Dunce Face's daughter," Bakugou grumbled.

"I could text Kaminari to see if Sami can join us," Kirishima suggested. Keijo's spirits instantly lifted at the mention of Sami Kaminari, one of his closest friends albeit quite shy. Nevertheless, he was undeniably kind. Bakugou, feeling his objections were futile in the face of his son's happiness, let out a sigh. He knew he had little say in the matter. "Fine," he reluctantly conceded, "Text Dunce Face."

"Yes, sir!"

Kirishima swiftly retrieved his phone and composed a text message to his beloved friend.

Kiriiii🙈:
Kamiiiiibrooooo

Kamidick👌:
Omg KIRIIIII WHAT'S UP

Kiriiii🙈:
me, Katsuki, and Keijo is going on a road trip tomorrow to my parents but I don't want him to be alone so I was wondering if we could bring your son with us

Kamidick👌:
Sure man! He's doing nothing but hiding in his room all day like the antisocial child he is! I bet he'd love to go with you guys and Keijo

Kiriiii🙈:
Thanks, bro! We gotta hang out again I miss you! 😭

Kamidick👌:
Yeah! The bakusquad gotta hang again! Btw when are you going?