Chapter 6: 'Decisions'

EDITED

Bakugou parked his car in an empty lot and turned off the engine. He turned to face Kirishima, his heart racing with uncertainty. How should he approach this? What about their friendship? Why should he listen to his dad's advice? It seemed foolish! After all, they couldn't possibly be anything more than friends. This conversation felt pointless.

"So, what did you want to talk about?" Kirishima asked, tilting his head slightly as he faced Bakugou.

Bakugou simply shrugged. "I mean... what the hell are we going to do? I'm so stressed out from overthinking this shit that it's giving me a damn headache. We have a kid, and yet we're not even a couple! What the fuck are we—"

"Hey, hey, Bakugou, calm down," Kirishima interrupted softly, placing a gentle hand on the stressed blond's shoulder. "It's going to be okay."

"No, it's not!" Bakugou yelled, smacking Kirishima's hand away. "I'm so exhausted and drained! I don't know what to do!"

Kirishima's tone turned tender and sweet. "Hey, why are you saying 'I'? What about 'we' or 'us'? You don't have to do everything alone, man. Just like at UA, I'll always be here for you, through thick and thin. So, don't stress out because I'm here. Talk to me. What's bothering you?" Kirishima's words had an inexplicable effect on Bakugou, making him long for a comforting embrace and encouraging words. Bakugou hugged himself tightly and let out a sigh. "I... I want to keep Keijo, but..."

"But...?"

"I... I don't want us to raise him separately, you know? I don't want Keijo shuttling back and forth between my apartment and yours."

Kirishima's face lit up with a smile. "So, what are you suggesting, explosion boy?" he teased, leaning closer to Bakugou's face. Bakugou's cheeks reddened, and he turned his head away from the redhead. "I'm saying, let's find an apartment together! Somewhere close to both our agencies!" he blurted out, his ears slightly flushed.

Kirishima chuckled and gently made Bakugou look at him. "You want us to live together, huh? That's a great idea. We can start looking for one tomorrow if you want." Bakugou playfully smacked the redhead's head and agreed to go apartment hunting the next day. However, one question continued to nag at him—where did their relationship stand? Were they still friends, or could they become something more? It troubled Bakugou a little. "What about our friendship?" Bakugou whispered.

"What about it?"

"We have a kid, dumbass! Are we still just friends?"

"Do you want us to be friends?" Kirishima asked, his tone carrying a hint of disappointment and sadness. Bakugou wasn't even sure what he wanted anymore. Everything felt so stressful and exhausting to contemplate. They could still be friends and take care of their child, right? That was a possibility. "I don't know anymore," Bakugou sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Do you still want to be friends?"

Kirishima's answer took Bakugou by surprise. "If I'm being honest, not really," he replied.

What? Kirishima didn't want to be friends with Bakugou anymore? Was it because of the baby? Bakugou felt his world come crashing down. His face reflected a mix of shock and hurt. Kirishima saw the look and felt the need to explain further. "I don't want us to raise Keijo as just friends, Bakugou. I want us to be something more."

"What do you mean?"

"You're so dense, it's adorable," Kirishima chuckled, gently placing his fingers under Bakugou's chin and drawing him closer for a tender kiss. Their lips met in a gentle, perfect embrace. Bakugou was stunned. Kirishima was kissing him. But what did it mean? Kirishima pulled away, giggling at Bakugou's bewildered expression. "Are you alright, explosion boy?" Kirishima asked, playfully tilting his head. Bakugou, honestly, was at a loss for words. He didn't dislike the kiss, but it had taken him by surprise. "I'm fine," Bakugou mumbled, resting his hands on the steering wheel. "You're just incredibly weird."

"Weird? All I did was give you a kiss to show you what I wanted to say."

"What were you trying to say?"

"Bakugou, what I'm trying to say is that I want us to be more than friends. I want us to date. I've liked you ever since UA, but I never confessed because it didn't seem like you had feelings for anyone. So, I buried those emotions deep inside. Clearly, that didn't work, and now... well, forget I said anything." Kirishima put his hands in his lap and looked down, trying to hide his embarrassment.

"Oi, finish what you were saying. Let me hear it," Bakugou interjected, his voice hushed as he stared at the redhead. Kirishima smiled gratefully and continued, "I genuinely... no, I love you, Bakugou. If you want to be together, we can take it slow—start with hugs and high-fives, then progress to dates, and eventually, longer hugs."

Bakugou blinked, processing the confession. "Where the hell are the cuddles and kisses in that, dumbass?" Kirishima chuckled. "They'll come soon enough. Just be patient."

"Mhm, sure."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
See you next chapter!

Words: 823