2

Scorpius hadn't gone to sleep early the night before and only got a few hours sleep. So when the house elf told him it was time to wake up he ignored it and slept for a bit longer. That was until his father came into the room and woke him himself. "Hey Scorpius you need to wake up son, you don't want to be late for the Hogwarts express".

Scorpius's eyes cracked open and he saw his father looking down at him. Scorpius rubbed his eyes and sat up, blinking to let his eyes adjust. He turned to his father who was still sitting in the same place on the edge of the bed, smiling softly at him.

Scorpius kept that in mind, his father never usually smiled that often and was always surprised when he did. Especially when his mother died, his father was depressed and hardly left his room, but when he did it was a huge relief for Scorpius because his father was more himself again. And now, sometimes it affects him when his mother's anniversary came up but Scorpius always kept a happy expression so no one had to see his pain.

"Good morning father, what gives you the pleasure to wake me up?" Scorpius asked his father in a way that would come off as snobby to anyone else but his father merely laughed and shook his head at Scorpius speech. "Well Scorpius, you have 2 hours until we must leave for Hogwarts and you had yet to wake up so I thought I'd do the honours"

Scorpius then realised that it was indeed the day he returned to Hogwarts. The first of September. He wouldn't say he was the most excited to go back, simply because of all the usual whispers and remarks that were made to him and Albus. Albus that was the only reason he'd willingly go back to Hogwarts. His best friend since the beginning of Hogwarts, he wouldn't do anything without Albus.

He smiled and hopped off the bed and into his bathroom where he turned on the shower and washed, it also woke him up some more which he was very happy about. When he finished in the shower he dried and reached for his clothes his father or an house elf must have put here since he forgot to bring clothes with him.

He went down to breakfast and saw his father already sat down and reading the daily prophet with a cup of tea in his hand. Scorpius sat at his chair and began piling some toast, eggs and bacon onto his plate, he also got some tea. While eating he looked at his father then around the room. One thing Scorpius wouldn't miss would be the quietness of the manor, it was always quiet and gloomy, more so now that his mother wasn't around to light the place up and his father was working.

"I see the weasel's did some last minute shopping"

Scorpius looked at his father who was now looking at him. Grey eyes met silver eyes and the two sat in silence. When Scorpius couldn't take it anymore he looked away. "You shouldn't call them that, father". He could feel his fathers glare on him when he said that and knew he shouldn't have spoken.

"What I shouldn't have called them what they are? Oh! I wasn't aware you cared for them". His father was no longer in his happy mood, he never was when the weasleys or Potters were mentioned, he knew his father had been irritated from the past years when he talked about rose.

Rose! How could he have forgotten! He still didn't figure out the letter, and he was sure rose would want an answer what was he going to say to her? Would he accept? Or decline? How would Albus think of him if he became friend with rose again? In a panic he shoot up forgetting his food and walked out the room.

He heard his fathers calls but ignored them as he rushed to his bedroom. He opened his trunk and quickly checked it for any signs of the letter, he saw he had everything but the letter and panicked he looked around and saw it had fallen onto the floor, sighing in relief he grabbed it and put it in his trunk for safe keepings.

He checked the time; 10:44. He levitated his trunk and brung it down stairs with him and he saw his father putting on his smart shoes. Scorpius quickly pulled his shoes on and walked to where his father was standing, waiting.

His father took hold of his arm and the two apparated to kings cross. Scorpius swallowed so he would be sick and his father passed him some water which he happily accepted. He took a look at his surroundings when he had calmed down. He looked around for Albus and unconsciously looked for rose as well.

When he didn't spot any of them he assumed they were on the train, that was until a crash was heard and everyone turned to see a sea of red hair and a few dark hair tumble out of the barrier. Sighing because he already knew who it was he shook his head and watched in embarrassment.

He watched as Albus attempted to get up but was pushed back down every time. When he did manage to get up he looked around, his face pink. Scorpius couldn't help but laugh. He knew Albus had already spotted him and saw that he was making his way over.

When Albus came up to Scorpius he pouted and whispered something in his ear. Albus looked at Scorpius father and smiled shyly, "hi Mr Malfoy, sorry about all the commotion". His father smirked. "No problem at all if anything it was entertaining".

Scorpius heard it before he saw it..

"ALBUS SEVERUS POTTER, YOU BETTER GET BACK HERE AND GIVE YOUR PARENTS A PROPER GOODBYE!"

Rose was making her way quickly towards the pair. Albus hid behind Scorpius and scorpius just blinked. Rose paused when she reached him and smiled a big smile. Scorpius panicked he wasn't expecting to see rose this soon he wanted at least another day or two before he faces her. He looked at rose who looked at him with a glint of.. something in her eyes.

"Oh hey Scorpius. How you doing I didn't mean to shout I'm just trying to get Albus to say a proper goodbye"

Scorpius just nodded and looked at Albus who was slowly backing away. He shook his head and said goodbye to his father before he grabbed Albus and dragged the boy onto the train.