Chapter 6: Intuitions

Intuitions

The boy in the mask stood over Zabuza's body, staring at them. (Y/n) felt uneasy, she felt like she couldn't trust the boy. How was the boy able to take down an assassin while Kakashi was almost beaten? She couldn't answer the question herself, but Kakashi simply stated that some kids were more talented and powerful than he is.

That made her stomach churn. Were there really kids her age that powerful? How could a thirteen-year-old be that powerful when she was always struggling with her chakra? Yes, her taijutsu skills were well off, but that couldn't take anyone far in a real battle.

Genjutsu and ninjutsu are important elements in fights and she lacked both. Her hands ball up into fists, she was pissed. She felt weak, helpless and she hated that feeling.

"I will be taking him now to fully dispose of him," the boy says as he throws Zabuza's dead body over his small shoulder. His body flickers away, but (Y/n) still felt anger and Kakashi could still sense it.

He pats her shoulder, "You did a good job, you jumped into action when Zabuza got between Tazuna and the front formation."

"But it wasn't enough," she mumbles, trying to soothe her anger.

"What about me?" Naruto calls out to them waiting for his praise for coming up with a plan.

"You all did a good job especially under the circumstance we-" Kakashi's sentence cuts off as his body collapses onto the ground, shocking everyone around him.

"Sensei?!" Sakura exclaims as she runs to his body to check on him. Her lips turn downwards, "He's passed out, what are we going to do?"

"Zabuza has been taken care of so I don't think any more assassins will try to fight us today. We'll carry him to my house where all of you can rest," Tazuna states, nodding for Naruto and Sasuke to pick up Kakashi's body.

✦✧✦✧

Kakashi lays on the futon, staring up at the ceiling in annoyance. His body felt sore and heavy. I overused the Sharingan, I shouldn't have.

"Are you all right, sensei?" a woman asks with her hands on her hips and her black hair framing her thin face. She stares down at him, her eyes showing how worried she was about the situation.

He looks at his students. Sakura was sitting to his right with (Y/n) while Naruto and Sasuke sat to his left. Sakura and (Y/n) were both attending to him.

"No, but I will be in about a week or so," he replies hoarsely. He hated how heavy his body felt. His eye slowly closes as he lets the exhaustion take over his body.

Kakashi laid unconscious in the futon. A small towel on his forehead to keep him cool, Naruto and Sasuke were also passed out in the guest room Tazuna's daughter, Tsunami, had offered them.

The fight against the assassin had worn out everyone, even (Y/n) who spent all her afternoons training. She closes her eyes as rage builds up inside her. Just take a deep breath, you did your best. You are just a genin. It's okay not to be strong.

A small hand wraps around her (s/t) wrist, pulling her out of her thoughts. She gazes upward at the pinkette who was sitting next to her, "Kakashi-sensei will be okay. He's strong."

"Yeah..." (Y/n) mumbles, her eyes glued onto her hands that were gripping onto her knees.

Sakura gazes at her, remembering something that she wanted to ask the (h/c) haired girl, "Um...(Y/n), I have a question."

"Hm? What is it?" (Y/n) asks, her face turning to look at the pinkette.

Sakura blushes lightly feeling flustered. She didn't know if her question was rude or not, but she had to ask. She was just too curious, "Well, back at the Academy, I was surprised to see you because I didn't remember you ever being in the class. So I was wondering...who are you?"