33 | september

Taylor gulped involuntarily. A wave of capricious energy hit her nerves. There was a ridiculous smirk on his face and she composed herself, acting nonchalant. He doesn't affect me, he doesn't affect me. Taylor chanted the words in her mind like a mantra until she believed them. He didn't say anything, merely studied her with eyes so intense, so captivating, roaming them all around her flushed face, down her neck and hands that she willed to not shake. Stubborn to not let him have the satisfaction or power over her, she met his eyes back with her determined ones.

It's absurd how gorgeous Joe looked. She felt like laughing at him all over again, like she did when she first saw him. His hair grew out generously over the past months; the blonde waves easily overshadowing his previous buzzcut, and Taylor resisted her entire being from swimming in them. He wore a shiny black leather jacket over a dark grey tee that clung to his body like a lifeline. He looked older and wiser somehow, but the mischievous glint in his eye only proved the bad boy persona he carried around like a shield.

The silence engulfed them so loudly she thought they stopped in time, lost in the glory of each other's looks. Taylor had to visibly stop herself from cringing when the waiter's voice pierced their calamitous bubble.

"What would you like to have, Ma'am? Sir?"

With the way Joe looked at her, she knew the word that popped into his mind was the same as hers.

You.