36 | september

That's how the shiny pair ended up back at Taylor's Tribeca apartment. After slipping Joe the address and leaving the hotel separately, she hurried back home and he showed up mere minutes later, his eyes wild with hunger. Oh boy. He found Taylor next to the fireplace, cool and collected, sipping wine in her damned efforts to hide her obsession. Not that it was useful, 'cause Joe covered the space between them with two long strides and invaded all her senses. He plucked the wine glass out her fingers and drank from the lightly stained patch where her lips were just pressed a moment ago. Taylor focused her attention on his hands, mostly to avoid his eyes, but nothing helped her. Watching his fingers curl around the glass, she longed to touch them, to memorize every crevice, every fold of his body.

She didn't have to wait long. Joe placed the glass on a coffee table behind him and took a step closer, instinctively coercing her to take one back, until her shoulders stroked the rugged wall of the fireplace. His hands settled on her waist, and Taylor shamelessly gawked at his lips, which slowly formed into a smirk, no doubt reading her thoughts.

"Do you mind?" Joe's lips whispered, a mere inch away from her own. But she didn't need to tell him, Taylor had a feeling he already knew. In response, she snaked her hands up his muscled chest, settling on his shoulders. He didn't waste another moment and skillfully leaned down, crushing his lips on hers – fulfilling every damn dream of her life.