Chapter Three: Holly Jolly

"We just tell our parents we have AV Club after school. That'll give us at least a few hours for Operation Mirkwood" Mike said.

You were all in his basement in the morning planning on taking El out to the woods, hoping she can find Will with her powers.

"You seriously think that the weirdo knows where Will is?" Lucas asked.

"Just trust me on this, okay? Did you get the supplies?" Mike asked.

"Yeah" Lucas started pulling out items from his backpack. "Binoculars, from 'Nam. Army knife, also from 'Nam. Hammer, camouflage bandana, and the wrist rocket"

"You're gonna take out the Demogorgon with a slingshot?" Dustin asked.

"Wrist rocket" you clarified to him.

"Yes, first of all, thank you Y/N, it is a wrist rocket. And second of all, the Demogorgon's not real, it's made up. But if there is something out there, I'm gonna shoot it in the eye" he shot the wrist rocket at Dustin, "and blind it"

"What did you guys get?" Mike asked you and Dustin.

You both opened your backpacks and emptied them on the table, snacks and food spilling out in front of them.

"Alrighty, we've got Nutty Bars, Pringles, Nilla Wafers, banana, trail mix ..."

"Three Musketeers, Snickers, candy bars, an apple, pack of gum, granola bars.." you finished Dustin off.

"Seriously?" Lucas asked annoyed.

"We need energy for our travels, for stamina" Dustin explained.

"Plus .. ima get hungry" you noted.

"Yeah and besides, why do we even need weapons anyway?" Dustin asked. "We have her" he looked at El.

"She shut one door!" Lucas said.

"With her mind! Are you kidding me? That's insane!" you told him.

"Imagine all the other cool stuff she could do.
Like..." Dustin picked up one of the Star Wars ship models, "I bet... that she could make this fly"

He went up in front of El who was sitting on the couch with the model in his hands.

"Okay, concentrate okay?"

He dropped the model and it did not fly. He picked it up and tried again but El didn't make it fly.

"Idiot" you muttered under your breath referring to Dustin.

"She's not a dog!" Mike says.

"Kids! Time for school!" Mrs. Wheeler said from upstairs.

You packed all your goods back in your backpack and raced up the stairs with Lucas and Dustin.

"What were you kids talking about?" Mrs. Wheeler asked when you reached the kitchen.

"Oh you know, comics, candy, the sky" you quickly said grabbing a banana from the fruit bowl on the counter.

"Yeah, kids stuff" Lucas backed you up.

"Micheal!" Mrs. Wheeler shouted.

"COMING!"

You sighed as you took a bite of the banana.

"Powers, monsters, bad men" you muttered under your breath.

(Time skipped to school)

"How about this one?" 

"Too big for the sling"