Chapter Four: The Body

You laid on your bed listening to a record on your record player. You told your mom that you were skipping school, you barely slept at all last night and you didn't feel like seeing people. Will was gone, and there was nothing to do about it. Your walkie talkie kept getting static and you heard Lucas's voice.

"What?" you asked in a tired tone.

"I dunno man, Mike was saying something about Will and he said we have to get over there stat" he said.

You shot up from your bed. Was there a chance he was still alive?

"I'll meet you out in five, over and out"

You tugged on a grey hoodie and grabbed your backpack and walked out of your house. You met Lucas at the end of the street and you started to bike to the Wheelers.

"Did he say anything else about Will?" you asked him.

"No, he just said we have to get over there fast"

Once you got to his house, you both and Dustin were listening to the walkie talkie in El's hands. You heard Will but he wasn't saying anything, he sounded like he was hurt.

"We keep losing the signal, but you heard it, right?" Mike asked.

"Yeah, I heard a baby" Lucas said.

"What?"

"Mike, you obviously tapped into a baby monitor. It's probably the Blackburns' next door" Lucas told him.

"Uh, did that sound like a baby to you? That was Will!" Mike said.

"Mike..." Lucas started to say but he cut him off.

"You don't understand. He spoke last night. Words! He was singing that weird song he loves. Even El heard him!" Mike said.

You raised your eyebrows at him and Mike nodded. You were still kinda mad at El for dragging you all over town last night and telling you guys he was still alive, but the girl had powers. Maybe she connected with him in some way.

"Oh, well, if the weirdo heard him, then I guess.." Lucas said but Dustin cut him off.

"Are you sure you're on the right channel?" Dustin asked.

"I don't think it's about that. I think, somehow, she's channeling him" Mike said looking at Eleven.

"Like Professor X" you said.

"Yeah" Mike smiled at you.

"Are you actually believing this crap?" Lucas turned to you.

"I don't know man, I mean... do you remember when Will fell off his bike and broke his finger? He sounded a lot like that" you said.

"Did you guys not see what I saw? They pulled Will's body out of the water. He's dead!" Lucas exclaimed.

"I'm telling you, I don't think that's Will" Mike insisted.

"Then what was in the lake?" Lucas asked.

"I don't know! All I know is Will is alive. He's out there somewhere, all we have to do is find him" Mike said.

You all turned to El, she was trying to get a signal on the walkie but the only thing that came out was a static.

"We need to get her to a stronger radio" you told them.

"Mr. Clarke's Heathkit at school" Dustin said.

"Yeah" you nodded.

"There is no way we're gonna get the weirdo in there without anyone noticing" Lucas said. "I mean... look at her"