Chapter Six: The Monster

Your walkie talkie was going out of control. It was only late morning and Mike and Dustin were trying to contact you.

"Y/N, Y/N, Y/N, Y/N, Y/N, are you there over?" You heard Mike say.

"Answer your damn walkie!" Dustin said through the same walkie Mike was on.

"Jesus, what's up? Over" you asked them.

You heard Mike sigh, "I drew first blood so I have to shake Lucas's hand, over"

You scoffed, "Good luck with that cuz he seemed pretty pissed yesterday, over"

"It's the rule of law, he has to do it" Dustin said "We're coming over to deal with him and then we're finding Eleven, over"

You were mad at El for what she did to Lucas, but you understood why they still wanted to find her. She had powers, the only reason why she messed with the compasses was only because she wanted to protect the party, and she was the best source to finding Will.

"Alright, I'll meet you outside his house in ten, over and out"

You waited on the curb of the street till the boys came over. You had your backpack on with any supplies necessary to go in the woods and find El and your bike was on the driveway. Once you saw the guys biking their way on your street, you got up and walked to them.

"You really think he'll shake your hand?" you asked Mike.

"He has to" he said.

You rang the doorbell to his house and waited for him to open. When he opened the door, he looked at you three with a bit of annoyance.

"What do you want?" Lucas asked.

Mike didn't say anything at first until Dustin smacked him on the arm.

"I drew first blood, so..." he reached his hand out for Lucas to take it, but he only looked at Mike with a 'are you serious' face.

You all walked inside his house and stood in his living as you waited for Lucas. You sat on the couch and leaned on the armrest in a comfortable position as you watched the guys. You've been in his house before many times, but not for a serious matter like this. He was pacing and thinking about his decision whether or not to compromise with Mike.

"Okay, I'll shake" he stopped and crossed his arms. Mike reached out his hand but Lucas didn't finish talking.

"On one condition. We forget the weirdo and go straight to the gate"

"Then the deal's off" Mike said.

"Fine!" Lucas said.

"Fine!"

"No, no, not fine! Guys, seriously?" Dustin said. "Do you even remember what happened on the Bloodstone Pass?"

Mike turned to you with a confused face but you just shrugged.

Dustin sighed, "We couldn't agree on what path to take, so we split up the party and those trolls took us out one by one. And it all went to shit, and we were all disabled! So we stick together, no matter what!"

"Yeah, I agree, but this is the party, right here in this room" Lucas said.

"El is one of us now" Mike insisted. 

"Um, no, she's not! Not even close! Never will be. She's a liar, a traitor—" he started to say.

"She was just trying to keep us safe" you cut him off.

"Yeah, and she didn't mean to hurt you, it was an accident" Mike told him.

"An accident?" Lucas looked at him like he was crazy.