Chapter Eight: The Upside Down

Note: This is the last chapter so get comfy'sss

You sat beside El on the benches as she leaned her head on Mike. You looked over at him and he seemed super nervous, his leg was bouncing a lot and kept watching the door. He suddenly got up and raced out of the gym. El gave you a confused look but you just shrugged. When he came back he said,

"They're gone"

"What?" you asked.

"Nancy and Jonathan, his car's gone" Mike said.

"They're probably just sucking face somewhere" Dustin said.

"No, no way" Mike said.

"Did they go with the chief?" Lucas asked.

"No they were still here when they left, maybe they're just taking a break somewhere?" you suggested.

"No" El said beside you.

"What? Did you see them? Do you know where they went?" Mike asked her.

"Yes" she answered tiredly.

"Where? Where did they go?"

"Demogorgon"

Hopper's POV

They pushed me in a room and sat me on a chair. My neck was hurting from the interrogation they left me with, the sons of bitches. Dr. Brenner opened the door and walked in. He took out a box of cigarettes and handed them to me. I sighed, I did hate this man but damn did I really need a smoke. As I put one between my lips he held the light up for me and I let out a satisfying breath, the smoke leaving my mouth.

"Where's the girl?" Brenner asked.

I inhaled the cigarette once more and exhaled the smoke.

"You gotta give me your word. Nobody's ever gonna find out about this" I tapped the end of the cigarette on the ashtray.

"And those other kids, you're gonna leave them alone. Especially Y/N, the girl, you do not touch her" I told him firmly.

She was like a child of mine. A few years after Sarah, Y/N came around and just made me feel like I had a daughter again. I don't want to see her hurt, especially in the hands of these men.

"Then I'll tell you" I took another drag "I'll tell you where your little science experiment is"

Back to your POV

"Guys, this is crazy. We can't just wait around" Mike told you guys.

"Mike, in case you forgot, we're still fugitives.
The bad men are still looking for us" Lucas told him.

"Yeah, and we don't even know where your sister is" Dustin said.

"El can find them" Mike said.

"Mike, look at her, she's drained, we can't push her too far" you mentioned to El who was resting on your lap. "I still think we should stick to the Chief's plan"

"Exactly, we stay here, keep El out of sight and keep her safe. That's the most important thing, remember?" Lucas told Mike.

"Besides, she's okay. She's with Jonathan" Lucas said.

"Yeah, and she's kind of a badass now, so..." you said.

Dustin got up from the bleachers and started to walk out the room.

"Where are you going? You just said stick to the plan!" Mike shouted at him.

"I am, I'm just gonna go get some chocolate pudding. I'm telling you, Lunch Lady Phyllis hoards that shit" Dustin said.