Just A kid On Ice

Chapter 3: Just A kid On Ice

One would say, Subaru was in a very, very, weird and confusing position in life at the moment. The 8 year-old boy from Japan, has suddenly found himself in another city that is so far away from his hometown that no one knew where his hometown was.

That's not even the distressing part. No.

That honor goes to the fact that apparently, he was famous in this place. And a lot of people knew who he was...

Weird types of people that honestly look like a bunch of circus freaks with all of the fantasy traits and odd colors they choose to dress in. The small child couldn't hold any feelings of fear anymore because he already saw these people at their absolute worst when he witnessed them getting frozen over and then defrozen by some angry shadow-covered blonde girl as she went head to head with the annoying older pointy-eared lady.

It was, for the lack of a better term, a crap show. One he had to watch while hiding behind a couch in a corridor so he wouldn't get hurt as the powerful girls fought it out with ice and black magic going toe-to-toe. That poor cat-looking blonde boy was frozen over in a wall after Scary Emilia kicked him into it... Sad.

The Otto kid was hiding behind a pillar and hoped he wouldn't be found... Also sad.

Some guy named Clind was also trying to hide behind a pillar, Subaru may have seen an orange-haired little girl shaking in fear behind that same pillar, and something in the 8 year old's mind told him that the nasty smirk the older butler had wasn't spelling a knight-in-shining-armor where he saves the girl scenario, the boy's worries were shattered as soon as Beatrice blasted Emilia with a shadow ball that was dodged by the half-elf and directed right where the four-eyed creep was trying to sneak, fully making him get sucked into the ball and getting slammed into one hundred different walls all across the mansion.

"Get away from my attacks, stupid butler!" The blonde loli had shouted after using the broken Clind's body as a platform to jump off into the air and start shooting at the speeding Emilia as both ladies continued to show the aggression they held for one another with this magic duel.

Clind could only cry on the ground after having to suffer Beatrice's attack that was meant for Emilia.

Sadness was going all around today.

Anyways...

Subaru managed to almost escape the mansion. He never knew these people, he didn't understand why this Scary Emilia lady was so mean, but he could tell it was because she was fat! Being pretty didn't mean she should stop worrying about her weight!

But he digressed, after almost trying his best not to be a cry baby, Subaru's efforts were all in vain as the doors shut closed and a bored-looking maid stood infront of him, unimpressed.

"You're not going to leave this mansion until Roswaal-sama gives you permission to."

"B-But... I want to go home! I want to see my mom and dad!" The young boy whimpered while looking at the rigid maid with trembling lips and watering eyes.

Seeing this sight before her, Ram let her feelings overwhelm her nerves and was forced to let a warm comforting smile cover her soft lips. "Barusu, you've become quite the devil player now that you're somewhat adorable."

Subaru was simply confused by this. Why did she sound like she was insulting him? And why did it sound so heartwarming at the same time?

Ram slowly stretched her arms out and carried the boy in both hands, looking at him with a warm small smile as she started walking away from the front gates of the mansion. "You must be patient, Barusu. Your parents will be sent here as soon as we can find this Japan you call it? We will find them and get them to take care of you as soon as possible. You shouldn't fret. Ram shall be your current guardian as per my lord's orders." The pink-haired maid had a motherly smile that told him she was happy to take care of him for another reason.