Plead To The Mature One

Chapter 5: Plead To The Mature One

Two days after Roswaal and Subaru returned from their fishing trip:-

"Absolutely not!" Emilia answered with a voice displaying her discomfort and rejection applicably, yet she still found the need to glare towards the person she was answering.

Roswaal sighed and rubbed his temple in annoyance. The silver-haired young woman stood before him in his main office, an indignant glare and an over-exaggerated pout on her face as she denied one of his latest decisions.

He understood her reasons, of course. Roswaal was the sponsor of her candidacy and he promised transparency and communication whenever he'd handle matters relating to the camp's question with her. That's why he understood why the silver-haired girl barged into his office with one of the most furious glares he'd ever seen in his lifetime. Well, 'times' would be appropriate. But he understood nonetheless.

And by the Od, did he really not care.

"Emilia-sama, the decision has been made alreaaaady. We've spent an applicable time molding him into this posiiiition and no one is more perfect to stay by your siiiide than he is." Roswaal spoke in a broad manner, holding an expression of callousness as he informed.

The half-elf before him raged, "No! This is a very very veeeery bad idea and I will not stand for it!"

Roswaal sighed and, in a rare show of frustration banged, his forehead against his desk.

"Emilia-sama-"

"No!"

Standing beside the magic lord's desk, a blonde maiden in a uniform stood with strict attention. The lady's emerald eyes held disappointment within them, her lips parting to admonish the silver-haired girl's attitude but she ended up being rebuked.

"I will not accept him as my personal butler!" Emilia held a finger up to the pair.

"Companion." Roswaal quoted with a raised finger.

"Whatever! I won't accept it. I want him gone far away from here, not stuck to my side!" the half-elf border on demanded of the powerful man before her.

"Emilia-sama, this is a test."

The half-elf seemed to grow silent, glancing at Frederica with curiosity.

"A test?" Emilia inquired, much calmer now.

The maid nodded her head, "yes. We-"

"As in me," Roswaal interrupted with a smile.

"-Thought it would be best to finally put a definitive end to this brewing conflict between you two. So we all agreed on this test as an optimal solution." Frederica carried on without acknowledging her master.

Emilia raised an eyebrow, "But... What led you to this absurd idea though?"

At the half-elf's question, both room occupants seemed to give their own reactions. A tired, almost frustrated sigh of defeat from Frederica, and an almost smug grin from the glowing lord in clownish attire beside her.

Emilia blinked.

"...We ... Couldn't agree on a suitable solution other than this."

Frederica bit her lip and looked away from Emilia's innocent gaze.

"Who's 'we'?" the silver-haired girl asked with a hand on her chin.

"... Well," Frederica coughed into her fist, "Some of us had this idea-"

"You wanted to force us to send Subaru-kun awaaaay," Roswaal interrupted again with a teasing grin.

Frederica sighed in frustration which told of a great loss on her part.