Chapter 7 (Trigger Warning)

Trigger Warning: Light mentions of self-harm.

When Chris left for tour again, it was hard on Nova as it was before, but it wasn't as hard as it had been the first time. Sariah was also great at providing comfort to Nova - and to Chris - and giving assurance that everything was going to be okay.

"I hate when you leave," Nova pouts.

"It's gonna be so much fun when you and Sariah can come to the show though! You'll get to see what I actually do when I have to leave."

Sariah and Chris had discussed the possibility of Sariah bringing Nova to one of Motionless in White's shows, which would be outdoors at one of the last festivals of the season. Nova was excited when she'd first learned that she was finally old enough to see her dad in concert, and Sariah was excited too to see what it was like to see Motionless in White actually perform a show...

Or, at least, she was excited at first.

Now though, she began to hesitate...

The night before, Chris had asked Sariah if they could talk for a moment.

Chris walked into Sariah's open room as she sat on her bed. Sariah looked up at Chris and smiled, and he smiled in return. Since her hair was covering her cochlear, Chris signed and spoke.

"Are you hearing?"

Sariah smiled, "Yeah." She moves her hair to show her cochlear.

Chris nodded, "Can I chat with you for a sec? I just wanna talk about what all is gonna go down when you bring Nova to the show. I mean, obviously some things we won't know until the day of, but I wanna tell you what all you can expect."

Sariah raised an eyebrow, "Sure." She gestures for Chris to sit. He sits on the edge of Sariah's bed, looking unsure of where to start.

"I figured you'd just be getting us backstage passes, we'd watch the show, then maybe hang out at the merch table when you guys were doing the meet and greet. That's what you said, right?" Sariah asked.

"Well, yeah, but...God, this is so embarrassing. Okay, so...I love our fans, don't get me wrong, but...they tend to be a bit...um...nosey."

Sariah furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, unsure of where he was going with this, "Okay..."

"And obviously, we're gonna be at a festival, so before and after the actual performance, we'll probably all be walking around, talking to other bands, seeing other shows and whatnot, and...well...if fans of the band or people who know who I am see me walking around with you, a woman my age who's pretty and close with my daughter too..."

Sariah's eyes widened as it clicked, "They'll think we're together."

"Yeeeaaahhhh..." Chris awkwardly chuckled, "Listen, I've dealt with this kind of thing before; I'm unfortunately used to it, but I know that it'll probably be new for you. At the end of the day, just don't say anything to anyone. Don't acknowledge anything that anyone might say. Just try to ignore any comments, but if anything seriously bothers you or makes you uncomfortable, please let me know. I want this day to be fun for all of us."

Sariah nodded, "I do too. Thanks for letting me know."

Sariah acted like everything was fine, and really, she probably had nothing to worry about...but she'd never been part of an internet rumor before - as most people wouldn't. She wasn't sure how to react to Chris telling her that there were likely going to be rumors about her online before they'd even begun.

Sariah snaps out of her thoughts and returns her attention to Chris. She smiles to him as he grabs his luggage.

"Safe travels," She says.