Chapter 8 (Trigger Warning)

TW: Abusive relationship, mentions of r*pe

"You need to go to bed now, sweetie."

"But I just wanna spend time with you, I missed you so much!"

"We will have plenty of time to spend together this week, I promise."

When Chris arrived home from tour, Nova was obviously overjoyed. Sariah tried to ignore how much she was looking forward to seeing Chris as well. He was her friend! She was allowed to look forward to seeing her friend. However, she just couldn't shake the feeling that she absolutely needed tonight to go well, so that she could begin to move on to different things.

Chris bids Nova goodnight, then heads downstairs. Great, that meant that Sariah would have to go past him before leaving. But who cares? It wouldn't be a big deal. She'd just walk in and walk out. Simple.

Sariah tries to ignore the pit in her stomach, then walks downstairs.

Chris was sat on the couch, feverishly looking at his laptop, clearly already back to work despite being home for only a day. Part of Sariah wondered if perhaps she could just sneak past him, but Chris eventually does look up at her and his eyes widen.

"Woah, you look - " He cuts himself off and blinks, as if his mind had gone temporarily blank, "Um...great. Wow."

Sariah wore a royal blue velvet dress, with thin straps and a low cut chest that made her breasts look amazing. The dress was tight and hugged all of her curves perfectly, and stopped in the middle of her thighs. She wore pumps and held a small clutch of the same color.

Sariah smiles and gives an awkward laugh, putting a strand of hair behind her ear, "Thank you

Sariah smiles and gives an awkward laugh, putting a strand of hair behind her ear, "Thank you."

"You going to another one of Easton's shows?"

"Um..." Sariah could feel her face heating up, wondering if she should tell him the truth, "Actually, I...I have a date."

Chris raises his eyebrows, "Oh." He then smiles, "Cool."

Sariah nods, "Yeah..." She says, awkwardly.

Chris's smile grows, clearly trying to break the tension, "Well, listen, if you need anything, don't hesitate to let me know. He hurts your feelings, I hurt his face."

Sariah laughs, relieved that she didn't have to feel awkward, "Will do."

Chris nods, "Have a good time."

Sariah nods in return, "Thanks."

With that, Sariah walks out the door.

Chris sighs, then looks back to his laptop, "I would have at least had the decency to pick her up," He mutters to himself as he hears Sariah's car starting.

It started off by just admitting that she was pretty.

Of course she was pretty! She was gorgeous. But Chris just tried to keep it at that. Sariah had a pretty face and a nice smile, but what mattered was how good she was with Nova.