Confusion

Sean found himself waking up inside an incased tank. He floated in salt water, quickly holding his breath once he realized.

"Its ok. You can breathe" A voice spoke. He looked to his left and saw an older woman with ash grey hair, pulled up in a ponytail, wearing a purple suit. She faced away from him

Sean let his breath go, finding his lungs breath in the water much like how it would with air.

He looked himself over and saw he was shirtless. Scales crawling up his chest, fins growing from his arms, one was now beginning to grow down his spine too. He felt his ears, they were fins too. He looked at his legs and saw he was wearing his pj shorts but scales covered patches of his legs

"Where am i?! What the fuck is happening to me?!?!" He yelled.

"You're at the Witches coven's base of operation. Your body is changing due to the kelp you ate" The woman replied. "Your girlfriend, Eveline called us in to help you. Before you ask, she is perfectly fine. We would never harm her"

"I didn't eat any kelp...What do you mean changing?! What's going on?" Sean yelled.

The woman sighed as the door opened to the room and two other people walked in. Eveline and another younger girl.

"Eveline!" Sean called as he saw her.

"Sean!" She smiled, happy to see he was ok. She ran over to the tank he floated in before asking the older woman. "Is he ok?"

"He's fine. It looks like the transformation has sped up. Now that he's in salt water, he'll be fine" She told Eveline.

"The fuck is going on?" Sean questioned, slight fear in his voice

"You didn't tell him?" The younger girl asked Eveline, who shook her head.

"I didn't want to if i could find a cure" Eveline told her.

"You know there isn't one.." The older woman spoke

"Cure for what?! What's happening to me?!" Sean yelled, panicked.

"You ate a magic planet. That apple you ate, it was something called Merfolk Kelp. BB tricked you into eatting it. Your turning into a mermaid....Well...Merman. You need to stay in there until next week" Eveline told him.

"What?! What the fuck are you talking about?!" Sean yelled.

The two others left saying they'd give them both some 'Alone time'

"Eveline. Where are we? What's happening?" He asked her.

"Look. It's going to be hard to believe, so i need you to trust me ok?" She told him. Sean nodded. "Ok...Magic exists. I'm a witch. This is the Witches coven, a place that makes sure all witches stay safe. A council of sorts. Im a member. I look after some things for them. They sent me a plant, the last of its kind. BB took it from my room and placed it in the kitchen, where you picked it up and ate it, thinking it was an apple" She said

Sean looked confused, trying to take it all in. Eveline was nervous at how he would take it.

"What's going to happen to me?" He asked.

"You'll transform into a merman as long as you stay in there. I'm not entirely sure what the coven have planned. I'm sorry" She muttered.

"What will happen if i leave?" Sean asked.

"You'll turn into sea foam....In other words, you'd die" She told him. "This is my fault. I could of put it somewhere safer. Somewhere BB couldn't get it"

"Hey." She looked up at him as he smiled. "I'll stay in here for how long i need. I'll be fine. Then what comes next we can do together"

She smiled at him. She appreciated his positivity.

"Just a fair warning, I've read the transformation can be painful" She told him.

"Fun..." He mumbled sarcastically