Skinwalkers (Part 8)

The next evening, the Doctor made his way back to Skinwalker Ranch via the TARDIS. He brought Chloe with him. She insisted that she come with him and he had a feeling that even if he said no, she would have made her way to the ranch anyway.

Chloe was armed with a rifle while the Doctor made do with a shovel. He was getting his daughter back.

The Doctor and Chloe crept around the eerily quiet homestead until they heard snarling. The duo whirled around and their eyes met the piercing gaze of a coyote. It was three times the size of a typical coyote.

The coyote didn't seem bothered by the torch's light being shined into its eyes.

"Doctor..." Chloe tugged on his sleeve.

The coyote stepped forward, then stood on its hind legs.

"Bloody hell!" The Doctor exclaimed.

"Doctor..." The coyote rasped in a familiar voice. "Nimona?"

"It's not safe being out during this late hour." The coyote said with Nimona's voice.

Pain erupted in the Doctor's shoulder. He whirled around, his eyes met the sinister grin of Chloe, her nail digging deep into his skin.

"Chloe?"

"Chloe is gone Doctor. There is only me, Nimona...."

"Let her go Nimona!" The Doctor demanded.

"No, I don't think I will." Nimona snarled throw the coyotes lips. The Doctor tore himself away from Chloe, biting back a cry of pain as he made a run for it.

He heard wailing. The Wendigos were here. The sound of flesh being torn and wails of agony could be heard. They got Chloe....

The Doctor froze when he heard his daughter's voice, "Dad?"

"Larn?" The Doctor called.

"Dad? Where are you? I'm so scared..."

"Larn, I'm coming!"

Her voice was coming from the shed, The Doctor dashed to the shed, flinging the doors open....

The Doctor found Larn, she was lying in a pool of blood. The Doctor screamed.

"No no no no!" The Doctor rasped as he knelt at his daughter's side. "Please, no, not my baby..."

The Doctor broke into wracking sobs as he hugged Larn's limp form.

"I'm sorry Larn....I'm so sorry....."

"Dad?" a weak voice murmured. The Doctor gasped with relief at the sight of his daughter's brown eyes opening.

"Larn, oh thank god!" He hugged her tightly.

"Where are you hurt?" He frantically searched her blood drenched body.

"I-It's not my blood Dad..." Larn's voice shook.

The Doctor sighed with relief. "Good thing you called for me, I wouldn't have known you were in here..."

Larn looked at him questioningly. "I didn't call you."

"Then who did?"

"I love a happy reunion." said a sinister voice.

Nimona stood in the doorway.

Larn cowered in her father's arms. "She's a monster."

"Oh my dear girl, I'm not a monster, I'm just a shaman. Big difference."

"You killed people...and those cows.....they didn't deserve to have that done to them." Larn shuddered, remembering the sight of their carcasses with no lips and eyes, the skin clinging to their bones.

"Those scientists and that millionaire didn't belong here!" Nimona spat. "But I made good use of them." Nimona grinned at the sound of growling. "Wonderful creatures Wendigos.....a shame that there is a stigma around cannibalism."

"But enough about that, I am still not sure what I should do with you Doctor....the man with two hearts..." Nimona turned to Larn. "I already know what I want with Larn."

"You come anywhere near her—" The Doctor snapped but stopped when Larn went slack in his arms.

"Larn?" The Doctor tried to shake her awake. Larn's eyes flew open, her eyes were now milky white.

"What did you do to her?" The Doctor demanded.

"She's under my control now. She's mine now."

Larn shoved the Doctor away so she could stand next to her new mistress. "Such a pretty little thing. The perfect daughter don't you think?"

Nimona summoned a Wendigo and it hobbled into the shed.

"Don't tear him up too much my pet, I want those hearts of his." Nimona wrapped an arm around Larn's stiff shoulders and with the other, she closed the shed's door with a wave.

"No!" The Doctor cried as the door slammed shut, leaving him in darkness.