Skinwalkers (Part 11)

The Doctor ran towards the mists, hoping he would lose the Wendigo once he reached them.

He stopped in his tracks when he saw a grotesque figure looming over his daughter. It was seven feet tall with two enormous antlers protruding from its head. Its face a skeletal nightmare, its body covered in ratty shaggy fur. The beast reached out to touch his daughter with a long serrated claw.....

Larn screamed as the beast's claw was less than an inch away from her face when she heard a familiar voice, "Get away from my daughter!"

It was her father! He rammed the creature head on, brandishing her sonic, its light blue laser blade illuminating the dim clearing.

The Doctor was quite relieved that Larn's sonic was working now.

Because he had no idea what he was going to do next....

"Back! Get Back!" The Doctor barked up at the hideous creature, its eyes were empty pits of misery.

"How dare you speak to my Master like that!" Nimona shrieked. Her eyes flashed a bright yellow as she snarled, "Stupid wendigos, useless fleshsacks...."

"They were once innocent people, but you stole their lives away to satiate your desire for killing...."

"And bring in some extra food." Nimona smiled wickedly. Larn whimpered.

The mists were suddenly alight with orbs of various sizes and colors. "Of course!" The Doctor exclaimed.

"This is a dimension crossroad!" Nimona stared at him blankly as Larn stepped in. "You mean, a place where several dimensional doorways are opened in the same location?"

"Yes, correct, darling. When Nimona discovered that she was living near these crossroads, she must have come to the conclusion that one of her "rituals" summoned her so called "Master".

"Lies!" Nimona spat. "The Dark Spirit is the one true creator of all things! The other beings you see are the other spirits who serve him, they give me guidance in all I do...." Fangs protruded from her mouth as she began to grow taller.

"D-Dad...." Larn gasped as The Doctor stepped in front Larn protectively as Nimona's form began to twist and distort.

"She's changing again...." Larn whispering, her voice tight with fear.

The Dark Spirit seemed to find the whole display quite boring, so he simply turned to the shrine and began to feast on the bowl of bull innards that Nimona had left for it, chewing loudly as Nimona shifted into a grotesque canine like creature.

"Stay back Nimona! I don't want to fight you!" The Doctor said.

"But I want to fight you!" Before the Doctor could react, Nimona struck the Doctor on the side of his face, knocking him on his side. She grabbed Larn by the throat, lifted her off the ground. "It's time my dear..."

"No! Let go! Dad! Help!" Larn thrashed and screamed and she somehow wriggled free. She tried to crawl away, straight to her Dad...

The Doctor glanced up and saw Larn crawling towards him, she was making painfully slow progress thanks to her hands and ankles being bound....

The Doctor's hearts stopped when he saw Nimona raise a clawed hand...

"LARN!" The Doctor cried. Larn turned right as the jagged claws came down.....