• 3 •

" At least that was what I thought "

Today, probably was the worst cause we danced and I kept messing up. The Mentors were having a bad day already so let's say it wasn't the ideal time to make a mess. However, like my mother, I was a clumsy clots.

So, let's just say my day was an ordinary day. Just messing up at everything, except dancing and anything that had consisted of moving.

" I'll see you guys," I said as I waved back at my friends before taking out my leaping crystal that was a choker but there were strings that I could use to let it shine under the light to make a path for me.

I held out my crystal and the light hit it making a beam of light for me to light leap. I smiled back at my friends one last time before taking a step into the bright light.

Unlike other days, my parents were not outside to welcome me back from school.

Maybe they're busy, I thought.

So, I walked up to where the guards were supposed to be... but no one?

Strange, I thought but pushed the feeling of something not right aside and pushed open the big gates.

Although, it was usually empty in the castle when you first step inside the castle, I still couldn't help but feel that something wasn't right and that something bad was about to happen.

" Mum! Dad!" I called out... no response.

I felt fear creep up my spine as I continued to search the castle for people who could release my fear that everything was alright.

" Anyone?" I called out again but in a softer voice this time.

" Melissa, there you are," Someone said and I was relieved to see my mother standing behind me.

" Mum!" I sighed in relief.

" I was so worried," My mother continued and I ran towards her.

" Mum," I sighed again.

" Melissa, what are you-" then my mother stopped herself.

" What's wrong?" I said as I raised an eyebrow but I had a bad feeling.

" Nothing is wrong, darling," then it hit me.

" Your- your not my mother," I stumbled over my words.

" What are you talking about?" She asked quite innocently as she reached for my face and looked into my eyes, confirming my fears.

" Get off me!" I shrieked.

" You- you are not my mother!" I pointed a finger, accusingly, " Mother, would never call me 'Darling' and she does not have blue eyes!"

My fake mother looked at me trying to comprehend before she crackled.

" Quite good intelligence you have," she smiled, wickedly.

" Where is my mother?" I asked, coldly but I was worried at the same time.

" That my dear, you shouldn't worry about her but yourself," and she lunged for me and that's where I thought that I was never going to see my parents or friends again...

DONE!!! Im sorry on how this took so long but I have examinations coming soon. Im very sorry! I'll try to update as much as I can but no promises!

• Mystical Snowaleer •